Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old May 17, 2019, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ORD-H/K a day and a half later now has new McDonald's-ish ranch dressing.......very premium:

Edited to add the bartenders here seem extremely frazzled.....one yelled out loud: "I have no glasses", another one in the back is not very pleasant. Hopefully Ernesto is just having a day off and didn't leave this club!

Now just witnessed two different bartenders arguing with each other in front of everyone while trying to get drinks out........great stuff LOL.

Last edited by AANYC1981; May 17, 2019 at 2:53 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Wyndham DM, Bonvoy Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ORD-H/K a day and a half later now has new McDonald's-ish ranch dressing.......very premium:

Great......
Old May 17, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

Edited to add the bartenders here seem extremely frazzled.....one yelled out loud: "I have no glasses", another one in the back is not very pleasant. Hopefully Ernesto is just having a day off and didn't leave this club!

Now just witnessed two different bartenders arguing with each other in front of everyone while trying to get drinks out........great stuff LOL.

Originally Posted by Jagger3939
Great......
It seems more likely that their pars for ordering are very off, and they are borrowing stock from the other locations HMS Host runs throughout the airport...I hope...
Old May 17, 2019, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
It seems more likely that their pars for ordering are very off, and they are borrowing stock from the other locations HMS Host runs throughout the airport...I hope...
Shouldn’t a company so well established in the airport space have been more prepared for such a transition and one that touches so called premium customers??
Spanish likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National

I know it doesn't look as nice in those little packs, but keep in mind that we weren't have house-made dressing before. It was something like this. At least the packs are more sanitary (though certainly less environmentally friendly.)
grapkoski and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:37 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=chrisny2;31112822]I know it doesn't look as nice in those little packs, but keep in mind that we weren't have house-made dressing before. It was something like this. At least the packs are more sanitary (though certainly less environmentally friendly.)

Isn't AA all about being eco-friendly these days, with the elimination of plastic straws on planes etc? HMS Host is just lazy AF and their new employees working the lounges are not happy.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Meanwhile over at the AC in HNL they’ve got a really nice spread out: chicken tomato dish with green beans on the side, a tasty Japanese beef curry, ramen, self serve sparkling rose and the usual self serve bar.

The overall space seems to have been updated with better lighting and many more outlets and brighter furniture too.

Thanks, JAL!
Old May 20, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Meanwhile over at the AC in HNL they’ve got a really nice spread out: chicken tomato dish with green beans on the side, a tasty Japanese beef curry, ramen, self serve sparkling rose and the usual self serve bar.

The overall space seems to have been updated with better lighting and many more outlets and brighter furniture too.

Thanks, JAL!
Exactly
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Wyndham DM, Bonvoy Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Okay, so... does anyone have any update or gossip on AA's "light hot food" en-devour? It was a year ago (or so) that we saw them roll out their plan to provide limited hot food options -- in ORD specifically, we saw a few months of meatball sandwiches, then a few months of pasta with red sauce, and then a few months of some strange potato-bean thing (?). Now, the heat lamps that these items generally sat under have been otherwise empty. Then, we see AC put weird ranch dressing with the already provided pita bread (which isn't anything new / not part of AC's light meal experiment). No, I'm not talking about the Avocado Toast and Afternoon Guac. That's a different offering.

Have they ended the trial run? Is it gone forever?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Okay, so... does anyone have any update or gossip on AA's "light hot food" en-devour? It was a year ago (or so) that we saw them roll out their plan to provide limited hot food options -- in ORD specifically, we saw a few months of meatball sandwiches, then a few months of pasta with red sauce, and then a few months of some strange potato-bean thing (?). Now, the heat lamps that these items generally sat under have been otherwise empty. Then, we see AC put weird ranch dressing with the already provided pita bread (which isn't anything new / not part of AC's light meal experiment). No, I'm not talking about the Avocado Toast and Afternoon Guac. That's a different offering.

No one seems to know. The food offerings now never seem to change all that much.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Sitting in the DEN AC, and the coke free machine still is out of Dasani sparkling water lemon lime, it was like that two weeks ago when I last passed through here. Seems to be the new catering can't even get the simple things working.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by safari ari
Sitting in the DEN AC, and the coke free machine still is out of Dasani sparkling water lemon lime, it was like that two weeks ago when I last passed through here. Seems to be the new catering can't even get the simple things working.
The freestyle machine at A PHX was about 75% void of any selections.

Lazy.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist

I think it was a last ditch effort to get AA to keep their old vendor - I think they dipped into their margins to win good customer feedback and justify a renewal. Bet HMS promised them the moon until AA signed on the dotted lone and now we get even less despite membership fees going up
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I think it was a last ditch effort to get AA to keep their old vendor - I think they dipped into their margins to win good customer feedback and justify a renewal. Bet HMS promised them the moon until AA signed on the dotted lone and now we get even less despite membership fees going up
If they promised AA the moon in actual contractual terms, they kind of have to deliver the moon, or they will have issues with AA. One would think there would be remedies/penalties for failing to deliver what is written into that contract.

Or, of course, it could have been promises made over some drinks and expensive steaks in a very nice restaurant that never quite made it into the actual terms...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Either way the Clubs have gone down hill since the transition.

anyone have any more info on the updated Comp wines they’re rolling out this month? Can we for the love of ____ please get a Comp white wine other than Chardonnay?

SkyClubs have a SB, Rose and bubbles complimentary.
chitink likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.