Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Both CLT Admirals Clubs closed early yesterday, Sunday March 31. Was told by an AAngel that the early closure was for inventory (presumably liquor bottle counting) overnight, because of a change in both Admirals Club staffing vendors effective April 1. Not sure if it's Sodexo or someone else, but one of the bartenders told me everyone is looking for a new job now.
HMS host is taking over. ORD staff mostly was sticking around.

Maybe this is the cause for less upgraded food. I wonder what the coming month(s) will bring in terms of changes. One can only think further cost reductions...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
No food station at ATL today.

While I was using the tongs to grab some stacy's chips, some clown put his arm in front of mine and picked up 5 carrots with this bare hands out of bowl.

Who are these people? I just said "classy" and rolled my eyes. The guy is giving me the evil eye as I type this.
I try to not think about all the places the hundreds of hands that day have been (without washing) that have used the very tongs you're talking about. Bathroom, noses, rifling through their carry ons, adjusting and scratching...(Nice visual, right?)
Maybe the carrot guy is a germaphobe? I do wish the clubs had hand sanitizer near the food stations though, for this very reason. Tongs are the right way to go, but then, ewwww i wanna wash my hands before I eat what I just tonged onto my plate. I don't think for a minute that the tongs make it clean all by itself, but better than nothing if I can clean up before I eat anything I just served myself. I know people who avoid buffets altogether for this very reason.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ghostchilli
Still seeing them at PHL B/C in the afternoons (guac!) but nothing at ORD in the mornings in ages. Today there's yogurt, fruit, eggs, and pastries to toast - but the breakfast tacos are MIA. Last week they didn't even have toast - woof.
"MIA" -- That may lead to some acronym confusion.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
HMS host is taking over. ORD staff mostly was sticking around.

Maybe this is the cause for less upgraded food. I wonder what the coming month(s) will bring in terms of changes. One can only think further cost reductions...
Yea - I was really disappointed too see fees and restrictions go up and offerings go down. I asked the folks at ORD where the food offerings went and they said to fill out a survey. Glad they are keeping their jobs through the transition Xavi (sp?) is the best and everyone there could not be more helpful.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Weren’t these enhanced food offerings a pilot program? Beyond guacamole in the afternoon and avocado toast in morning they certainly were not at every major lounge.

Last edited by Segments; Apr 3, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Segments
Weren’t these enhanced food offerings a pilot program? Beyond guacamole in the afternoon and avocado toast in morning they certainly were at every major lounge.
The enhanced food offerings were not at LGA/JFK/EWR.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by donotblink

The enhanced food offerings were not at LGA/JFK/EWR.
You are correct. Enhanced offerings were not in PHL either.

Corrected my typo.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Where is this survey we can fill out? It's really sad to see the test of enhanced food at select hubs taken away abruptly.
Spanish likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Where is this survey we can fill out? It's really sad to see the test of enhanced food at select hubs taken away abruptly.
aa.com/loungefeedback

Do we know for sure the food program has ended, or does HMSHost just need to get up to speed on the food portion? This may not be the issue at all, but putting out pre-prepared cold foods vs. serving hot food and preparing food onsite usually requires a different level of local certification in most places, not to mention much more complex issues of inventory and stock.

Complete speculation on my part, but if I were AA, I might suspend the enhanced food service and work on getting the new vendor up to speed on that after I got the snack and liquor services transitioned successfully first.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I just spoke to the dragon at DFW C. He said a week ago there was a temporary 86 of the guacamole due to a recall. He said it was business as usual across the country the next day and said the guacamole station begins at 3 pm.

He also said they are switching to Host next month.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Currently at DFW B. Sysco just delivered their food order. “Just Water” appears to be sticking around given the large number of cases dropped off. Shockingly, Dougie is paying for name brand cereal (spotted Kellogg’s and Kashi boxes). I think I can speak for many by saying that I would trade generic cereal to bring back the enhanced offerings.

I will note that it didn’t appear that any items that were from any of the enhanced items were dropped off. The bar is also bare.

Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:22 am

I’d be happy with “Just Water” if they’d bring back beef jerky in the First snack basket.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I don't know if this is related to HMS Host taking over but the MIA-D30 lounge just in the past couple of days has new soups: chicken tortilla (too thick IMO) and a smoked Gouda soup.....also there is new mushroom salad cold option I've never seen before.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I don't know if this is related to HMS Host taking over but the MIA-D30 lounge just in the past couple of days has new soups: chicken tortilla (too thick IMO) and a smoked Gouda soup.....also there is new mushroom salad cold option I've never seen before.
I’ve had those soups before so they must be left over from old vendor? They are both delish.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stopped into YYZ last Sunday and found they had some slightly upgraded options I'd never seen before including a pretty good pasta salad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.