Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Today, DFW A had spinach artichoke dip and white bean and ham dip instead of the meatball sliders. Both were ok.

Last edited by ikwia; Nov 3, 2018 at 11:54 am
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Beyond virtue signaling, you mean? Or trying to shave off some bucks on the cost to operate lounges? I hope the Newsletter means AA will ditch the paper soup bowls and the tacky silver plastic utensils, which are hardly "premium" and certainly not eco friendly...

Truthfully, this caught my attention: "Look for our new wines across the lounge network with hand-picked selections from our two master sommeliers." The current vinos gratis need to go... Paying $14 for something drinkable gets old... It's the least AA could do given the membership price increases LOL
This.

If there needs to be a price increase on lounge access to offer palatable wines, then do that. Who wants to enter an overcrowded lounge and then have to muscle their way to the bar to pay $14 for a glass of wine? Because that would be like any airport bar outside the lounge, but without a membership fee.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by GlobeTrttr83
This.

If there needs to be a price increase on lounge access to offer palatable wines, then do that. Who wants to enter an overcrowded lounge and then have to muscle their way to the bar to pay $14 for a glass of wine? Because that would be like any airport bar outside the lounge, but without a membership fee.
Agree with your sentiment, although I hope that is what is meant. It is very vaguely worded and may simply mean that they came up with new selections for the $14 glasses; not that the house wines were necessarily improved. But then I’m cynical like that 😜
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Teckelspass

Agree with your sentiment, although I hope that is what is meant. It is very vaguely worded and may simply mean that they came up with new selections for the $14 glasses; not that the house wines were necessarily improved. But then I’m cynical like that 😜
+1. Most assuredly, the "improvements" refer to the paid beverages as opposed to complimentary house beverages. Douggie needs some revenue to alleviate the plunging stock value... Charge more and provide less, wasn't that what the 738 Max purchase was all about and the only area where AA is consistent?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
So I'm starting to unfortunately accumulate drink chits unintentionally. Should I dare try using them despite one being date stamped and the other one not having a stamp at all?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Last Saturday DFW A had a really good breakfast burrito station. Scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, two kinds of salsa and cheese. They were just missing sour cream.
DenverBrian and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I see that chili is now becoming one of the standard fall soup options - seen at both CLT and DCA. Honestly....its not too bad! Even my sons were diving into it.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I see that chili is now becoming one of the standard fall soup options - seen at both CLT and DCA. Honestly....its not too bad! Even my sons were diving into it.
Suggest your sons try putting a few cubes of the pepper jack cheese in the bowl before adding the chili. Yum! FYI, the cheddar doesn’t melt as well based on standard serving temp of the soups/chili.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Does it have beans in it?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by AAway

Does it have beans in it?
Current version, yes.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by CMK10

Last Saturday DFW A had a really good breakfast burrito station. Scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, two kinds of salsa and cheese. They were just missing sour cream.
I was there on Saturday morning as well. I thought that was a great option.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Local laws really make little to no difference if the passenger intends to take the beverage with them onboard and consumes said beverage onboard. TBF, the last time I saw this occur was at the UA Club in LAX; can't recall the last time I saw it in an AC.
There are airports you can take to-go alcoholic drinks from restaurants and bars. ORD and BNA come to mind, though signage indicates they can not be brought on board. (at least I saw signage in BNA)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Segments

Suggest your sons try putting a few cubes of the pepper jack cheese in the bowl before adding the chili. Yum! FYI, the cheddar doesn’t melt as well based on standard serving temp of the soups/chili.
I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of this genius idea.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
First time using the club via Citi Executive card.

Ugh, Bud, Bud Light and Coors Light are the only free beers?

Out of principle, I'm not rewarding bad behavior by buying a ''premium' Sam Adams, Anchor, or the like

​​​​​

Last edited by work2fly; Nov 16, 2018 at 7:07 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Currently in the DL SkyClub courtesy of Amex Plat and OMG what a difference in complimentary offerings compared to last night's experience at SFO.

​​​​​​Poor showing AA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.