Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Thoughts on the the best Admirals Lounge at PHL? Not sure which to pick on my layover.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:17 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Thoughts on the the best Admirals Lounge at PHL? Not sure which to pick on my layover.
I like the A-West one. But I only ever go there if the Centurion is too crowded these days.
AAdamE likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I like the A-West one. But I only ever go there if the Centurion is too crowded these days.
Centurion was fine when I get in around 6:15 this morning but by 7 was already pretty crowded. Still was first in line to get a shower so that worked out off the transcon.

Warning that the F terminal AC is still closed and they have the limited snack set up - not even coffee. I asked the AAngel and she said it'd be another 1-2 weeks until they get that one open so if you're flying out of F go to one of the clubs in the main part of the airport.
AAdamE likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Also we lost an AC at LGA too just as a reminder
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Friendly reminder: This thread is about food and beverages available in Admirals Clubs.

There are threads dedicated to Admirals Clubs and lounges in specific airports. There is other forums for Centurion or Priority Pass lounges.

Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Nice to see that the HNL AC has a lot more variety of food these days.......plus bubbles (self serve of course) even after the JAL flights leave.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by enviroian
Can anyone confirm nixing the pita chips???
It didn't make sense to me that they'd get rid of them, and I've seen them at PHL, LAX, DFW, DCA, MCO, BNA, and CLT in the last week or so. I think that they're safe for now.

Last edited by ikwia; Sep 9, 2018 at 3:08 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Chicago H K
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by TWA884
Chicago H K
Same spread at dfw A.

The ca medley soup is really good.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Same spread at dfw A.

The ca medley soup is really good.
The second soup, according to the label on the tureen, was actually portobello mushroom roasted tomato bisque. It was ok; not great. Next time I'll try the California medley soup.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by TWA884
The second soup, according to the label on the tureen, was actually portobello mushroom roasted tomato bisque. It was ok; not great. Next time I'll try the California medley soup.
Ah. The 2nd soup at A was minestrone
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
This is my first time seeing the meatball sliders (at DFW A). They are a very nice change of pace, and certainly a more substantive offering than the chips, hummus, cheese, etc. they are replacing. Many people seem to find that the sliders don't have enough meatballs and they take multiple and combine them...I would suggest they could cut down on overall consumption (and increase guest satisfaction) by going to 3 meatballs per slider vs the current 2.

They are advertising a survey about the new offerings, but you need to see an AC rep...they used to just post a URL you could do the survey at. I hope enough people speak in favor of the changes so they become permanent.

ETA: when you ask for the survey, they just direct you to the usual feedback URL, aa.com/loungefeedback

Last edited by ikwia; Sep 16, 2018 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hummus is gone? Crudits gone too?

seems like they have gotten more vegetarian unfriendly and omnivore unhealthy. I suppose for some, the caprese salad is a substitute but not if you try to avoid cheese.

By including pork in the meatballs, youve narrowed there audience. It would be a great addition but not a great substitution for many.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hummus is gone? Crudits gone too?

seems like they have gotten more vegetarian unfriendly and omnivore unhealthy. I suppose for some, the caprese salad is a substitute but not if you try to avoid cheese.

By including pork in the meatballs, youve narrowed there audience. It would be a great addition but not a great substitution for many.
The hummus or so called hummus was never any good, Hummus should be made from chick peas .
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:00 am

Breakfast time. ORD H/K

Chobani yogurt bar

Avocado toast station with smoked salmon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.