Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Apparently they are supposed to have iPads by the new food stations so people can leave feedback but they are not working still
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Apparently they are supposed to have iPads by the new food stations so people can leave feedback but they are not working still
Currently at the ORD H/K Admirals Club where delays abound! Wouldn't be summer at ORD without them. Anyways, here's a photo of the Asian Noodle Spread. I had a large meal before arriving, so I cannot comment on the taste, but it looks nice. As previously commented, brown paper bowls are used which seems a bit awkward. Saw multiple ppl struggling or trying to fill up their bowl too full.

Nevertheless, as others have mentioned, it's good to see AA improving the premium offerings in the ACs.

Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:24 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Same old selection this weekend in the CLT C/D club. No noodles.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:34 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
ORD-H/K's new offering of the Hunan Broth Bowls are gross......not a fan.....the vegetable stock tastes weird with something like cinnamon in it, yuck. The noodles are really hard to get into the paper bowls, but there still is one soup offering over in the back by the H concourse......today is was beef chimichurri.
Pro tip: fill up your bowl(s) 75% of the way with the steak chimichurri soup, then put chicken breast and jalapenos from the noodle bar and top w/ hot sauce. The chicken is just plain boiled chicken so it absorbs the flavor of the soup well without clashing, and takes it down in temperature from scalding to consumable.

(Also the flavor in the broth is Chinese five spice, one ingredient of which is Chinese cinnamon -- so you're not far off!)

The setup of the noodle bar is still comically bad. There are two very fixable problems: (1) the noodles all stick together and the tongs they provide are utterly useless, meaning I witnessed many people resort to using their fingers (!) to get the noodles off of the tongs and into their bowl or plate. Some said fingered noodles landed back on the tray. Yuck. (2) the bowls are too small to put the noodles in, so people either fail at bowls or try using plates but then realize that there's broth and then stand around confused. Solution: pre-portion noodles into the brown paper bowls, so people can add their toppings and pour broth over top. Maybe a sign that says STEP 1 - add toppings, STEP 2 - add broth. Signs would help.

Here's the full setup, and there are two of these in the lounge:

Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Staff at the RDU AC were handing out shots of Tequila Sunrises on Tuesday afternoon. Being at the lounge around the time of the LHR flight always means they have specialty drinks or food.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Really liked the Spring Asparagus soup at MIA-D15 recently.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
Staff at the RDU AC were handing out shots of Tequila Sunrises on Tuesday afternoon. Being at the lounge around the time of the LHR flight always means they have specialty drinks or food.
Tuesday was National Tequila Day!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
that's hilarious about handing out shots, LOL. Right on!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Really liked the Spring Asparagus soup at MIA-D15 recently.
AC in BOS had the spring asparagus last night. I agree, this is one of the "heartier" soups. I had two cups
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
PHX B3/5 Club had Avocado Toast station on 7/22. Was pretty good. Attendant said it's daily until 10a
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
For clarification, if I am flying an international route (i.e US-MEX) and have Platinum status, I can access the AC, but I am not privy to Chits for drinks like a Oneworld Sapphire or >? Or what if I am upgraded to F on the flight am I then eligible for chits?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:35 am

Aa h/k ac today. Hunan bowl wasnt bad. Used an empty plate versus soggy cup, put a splash of broth on the plate over the noodles. The chili oil/scallion mix is what made it edible.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
At IAH the other day they had tasty sandwiches. Their two soups were a cajun chicken (aka chicken tortilla) and lentil. The chicken soup was very very good!

Oh I saw the staff re-stock the pita chip bowl. They are indeed Amy's chips, not some cheap Kroger name brand Parker probably would have wished to have.
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Im In the IAH AC today and really liking the sandwiches.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Im In the IAH AC today and really liking the sandwiches.
I agree I had the one with mozzarella and tomato. Kind of like a caprese salad in a sandwich.

Are those soups there? Try that chicken it's really worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.