Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Those were still the two selections at DFW on Friday August 25. You're right, they've both had a long run and it's time to swap them out for something different.
I thought those soups were "permanent selections", just like the chicken and green beans on Domestic F.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:13 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by enviroian
Haven't been in a club in two weeks and won't be in another until next week. Have they rotated out the portobello tomato and Italian wedding soups yet?
That's what they had at CLT last week. I like the Tuscan meatball, but yeah, it's time for something different.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa
Damn - I must have wasted dozens of chits over the years on things like Coke, Bud (when other brands unavailable). Funny thing is that not a single bartender ever volunteered to explain that, despite my tipping them.
I don't travel internationally much so I don't get the chits (unless they are from a treasure hunt) but, I have witnessed bartenders at both DFW D and SFO take the time explain to customers the ins and outs of the drink coupons and where they should apply them. Granted, the instances that come to mind were during non-busy hours and it did take some time to go through the options, so that may be an explanation.

Last edited by Rebob; Aug 31, 2017 at 9:58 pm Reason: grammer
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
For any La Colombe fans looking to get their fix when not traveling Trader Joe's now has cans of iced café latte for $2.29. What's bizarre is the address and distributor is in Michigan not Bryn Mawr/PHL. Thought some here would be interested to know that's it's available outside the AC and their small network of cafes.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:50 pm

No Soup

No soup LAX T4 9/4 2:30p. Bad timing or ... ?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
For any La Colombe fans looking to get their fix when not traveling Trader Joe's now has cans of iced café latte for $2.29. What's bizarre is the address and distributor is in Michigan not Bryn Mawr/PHL. Thought some here would be interested to know that's it's available outside the AC and their small network of cafes.
Saw La Colombe at Target as well.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:04 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hi-guy
No soup LAX T4 9/4 2:30p. Bad timing or ... ?
They definitely had it last week (though only one choice). Perhaps when you were there they were already getting ready for the club's closing this week?
JonNYC likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU last week had beef chimichurri (always a good choice) or grilled cheese and tomato soup. Plus they have the Endless River IPA in a bottle which is always worth the $6.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
They actually just built a factory in Michigan. The production of the canned products has multiplied significantly, and they are now available in Whole Foods, Publix, Trader Joe's, etc.

Still though, every time I pass through NY or Boston or Philly I go out of my way to make it to a cafe. The best in the business, and it isn't close.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:35 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Don't know where else to post this . . .
Friday night, at the CLT C/D club, a woman with some kind of European accent comes in with two drink chits. Sits next to me, orders a cocktail of some kind (one that took a little effort, not scotch and soda). While drinking it, she asks the bartender to change some small bills into a $20 bill, which the bartender does. Then the woman orders another cocktail. As she gets up to leave, she hands the bartender 32 cents, saying she has no small bills.
I give the bartender all the credit in the world for not jumping over the bar and wringing the woman's neck.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by OTD
Don't know where else to post this . . .
Friday night, at the CLT C/D club, a woman with some kind of European accent comes in with two drink chits. Sits next to me, orders a cocktail of some kind (one that took a little effort, not scotch and soda). While drinking it, she asks the bartender to change some small bills into a $20 bill, which the bartender does. Then the woman orders another cocktail. As she gets up to leave, she hands the bartender 32 cents, saying she has no small bills.
I give the bartender all the credit in the world for not jumping over the bar and wringing the woman's neck.
that is just horrible. I probably would have said something loudly and then tipped the bartender on the woman's behalf

The vast majority of the AC bar staff are kind and proactive and bust their tails to serve for meager pay. It's sad when you see this kind of behavior
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:35 pm
OTD

Originally Posted by lds89
that is just horrible. I probably would have said something loudly and then tipped the bartender on the woman's behalf

The vast majority of the AC bar staff are kind and proactive and bust their tails to serve for meager pay. It's sad when you see this kind of behavior
I was too stunned to say anything.

The bartenders there are consistently amazing. I don't even have to order a drink--I say hi, put my bag down at a seat, go to get my soup and the drink's waiting for me when I get back.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by OTD
I was too stunned to say anything.

The bartenders there are consistently amazing. I don't even have to order a drink--I say hi, put my bag down at a seat, go to get my soup and the drink's waiting for me when I get back.
AC bartenders are great. It's rare to come across an inattentive or unfriendly one. I firmly believe that tipping preserves this experience.

It would've been hard for me to abstain from smartassery upon witnessing this woman's deed.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:35 pm

Is the guacamole bar still going on?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum (Matching to UA Gold)
Originally Posted by Saulinpa
Is the guacamole bar still going on?
At SFO on 9/19 they had the Guacamole bar and some Chili instead of soup that was pretty on point. Hope they keep it for a while. EQD running over there a few times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.