Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It's kind of annoying how some clubs like ORD-H/K only have balsamic ving. dressing for this new food set up while others like DCA offer a choice of that and ranch. Ranch goes much better given the salad fixings! Also, can we get that asiago dip out to all the clubs? It's delish.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Maybe it is just the fact that the build your own salad is at that PHL A4 AC (which is probably one of the most depressing and pathetic in the system) but I the ingredients look disgusting and cheap.
admirals club T/5 today, eff whites had a funny taste and chicken for salad bar was mangy once again. (Low quality and not fresh)

alaska lounge at t-6 had the same type of lunch set up and while the chicken was so-so, it was a light year ahead of AdmiralsClub quality.

I’d order food but can’t imagine it to be good when the complimentary lunch protein is so gross.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
ACs are no longer serving champagne Kind of disappointing since the two previous ones (Ayala was one, don't remember the other one's name but it was good) were pretty alright. We're stuck with prosecco now.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
PHL had the twice baked potato soup yesterday. Not only is it good, but once you add in some bacon from the build your own mac and cheese bar it's amazing.
AAdamE likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
It's kind of annoying how some clubs like ORD-H/K only have balsamic ving. dressing for this new food set up while others like DCA offer a choice of that and ranch. Ranch goes much better given the salad fixings! Also, can we get that asiago dip out to all the clubs? It's delish.
I was JUST thinking this... like why ONE dressing option? Also isn't there supposed to be a Cesar option?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
At the Rio/GIG club now and it’s pretty impressive for an AC. I know intl is different like CDG but lots of great options here and self serve drinks.

The tomato soup is delicious and has lots of garlic from what I can tell.

I have lots of time so will be trying some other dishes so I can sleep on the overnight back to the US.
donotblink likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Both PHL and BOS had these egg scramble dishes this week:

One had mixed vegetables and the other sausage. While the eggs are the crappy Hampton Inn powder type it at least another hot dish
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
RANCH is back at ORD H/K
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Both PHL and BOS had these egg scramble dishes this week:

One had mixed vegetables and the other sausage. While the eggs are the crappy Hampton Inn powder type it at least another hot dish
The eggs aren’t powder eggs. I don’t even think that is a thing any more. The product, most likely, is eggs scrambled, bagged, frozen, then boiled in the bag, similar to how they do the meat at a Taco Bell. Not the best, but not the worst either...
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
The eggs aren’t powder eggs. I don’t even think that is a thing any more. The product, most likely, is eggs scrambled, bagged, frozen, then boiled in the bag, similar to how they do the meat at a Taco Bell. Not the best, but not the worst either...
Not sure what the Admirals Club uses for eggs, but powdered eggs are still “a thing”. Powdered egg whites are easily found in grocery stores baking section, and powdered whole eggs are available online at both Amazon and Walmart.

But yes, more likely the clubs use pre-cooked frozen or liquid eggs than powdered. Question is if/when the will convert to vegan eggs?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Augason-F...ings/995893393

https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Honest-Foods-Dehydrated-Whole/dp/B07MZBXVWH/ref=zg_bs_6492314011_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=241VE27P0P0SFNKFD5NA https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Honest-Foods-Dehydrated-Whole/dp/B07MZBXVWH/ref=zg_bs_6492314011_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=241VE27P0P0SFNKFD5NA
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
+1 the eggs look absolutely disgusting. I think they still have whole hard boiled eggs, and I'd opt for those during a morning flight.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:53 am
Suspended

LGA has two types of egg scrambles in the morning but you have to know where to look for it.....they put it out in the least trafficked part of the club to the left as you enter.

STL has a nice build your own Cobb salad as well as a Mac and cheese bar.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
LGA has two types of egg scrambles in the morning but you have to know where to look for it.....they put it out in the least trafficked part of the club to the left as you enter.

STL has a nice build your own Cobb salad as well as a Mac and cheese bar.
The one at JFK looks and tastes gross, I'd rather eat a hard boiled egg and I don't like hard boiled eggs.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended

I’ve noticed this week that the AC check-in agents no longer touch your boarding pass when you enter and instruct you to self scan....interesting.....meanwhile in-flight is normal as usual.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I’ve noticed this week that the AC check-in agents no longer touch your boarding pass when you enter and instruct you to self scan....interesting.....meanwhile in-flight is normal as usual.
next week they’ll be wearing tyveks at the podium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.