Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by HawkSE
Southwest salad was in TPA on 10/3. Attendants and a services manager were having to get creative to layout the new options in a rather cramped space. All while keeping 2 soups.
Southwest salad? What, no seat assignment?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Will be interesting to see if these updates apply to LGA on Monday when I fly out.

LGA seems to have weird food issues with there not being a true avocado station in the morning or guacamole station in the evening but these things being selectively passed out by a “chef” with no customization by the customer.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
You want "non-carb" options but complain about wanting fresher fruit and biscuits? Very interesting...
perhaps you missed me saying...
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
yes i know biscuits are fat and carbs, just saying
@:-)
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Make your breakfast tacos are live at the JFK AC.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
But they weren’t comparable quality. The DFW bagel was dry and tasteless. Literally.
So are the fat ones, at least in LAX. In any case, fluffy is not a term used for describing a good bagel, it would be a good roll with a hole.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended

LGA now has a build your own mac and cheese bar where the soups used to be......I asked and no soups. The other area where the cruditee used to be is now just boring cookies. Kind of a lame trade off considering the mac and cheese is flavorless even when adding in toppings and there are no salt and pepper grinders out :/

Last edited by AANYC1981; Oct 7, 2019 at 10:37 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LGA now has a build your own mac and cheese bar where the soups used to be......I asked and no soups. The other area where the cruditee used to be is now just boring cookies. Kind of a lame trade off considering the mac and cheese is flavorless even when adding in toppings and there is no salt and pepper grinders out :/
Same "mac and cheese" setup over the weekend at MIA and ORD, except (at least at MIA) there was the mac and cheese and the broccoli cheese soup.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Make your own tacos at PHL B/C
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
Flying out of AUS on 10/7, I was surprised to find a reasonable salad bar replacing the cheese and such. Fresh and tasty. Also had the two soups (Tomato basil and Chili). CLT that night featured a little less impressive salad bar, with lettuce and premade additions (maybe the southwest salad) that were a little old perhaps, but still a welcome "enhancement." Also replaced one soup with the build your own mac and cheese while tomato basil still was present. I was excited about the mac & cheese, but found the pasta overcooked and the cheese relatively tasteless. CLT did have salt and pepper shakers, however. Happy to see a change, hopefully it sticks. Please be careful if you complain about this, if you do we might wind up with just saltine crackers and wasabi trail mix!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Soup was broccoli cheddar and southwestern chili
I like these two mixed together!
AANYC1981 and GWFan like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:56 am
Suspended

Seems like the LGA club has finally gotten it's act together.....some notable updates:

- mac and cheese is decent this time (with bacon bits and green onions added)
- real china dishes (same as the FC casserole main plate ware) are out for the build your own mac and cheese bar
- they are back to offering a soup, albeit only one now (last week, I asked and they said no soups)
- they have proper salt and pepper shakers out
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Seems like the LGA club has finally gotten it's act together.....some notable updates:

- mac and cheese is decent this time (with bacon bits and green onions added)
- real china dishes (same as the FC casserole main plate ware) are out for the build your own mac and cheese bar
- they are back to offering a soup, albeit only one now (last week, I asked and they said no soups)
- they have proper salt and pepper shakers out
Take that back.....now soup has been removed and there are now two things of Mac and cheese. This LGA club is a hot mess from a delivery stand point. Try getting an avocado toast to your liking in the mornings too :/
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
This past Friday, the DEN AC had build-your-own Mediterranean salad.

Today, the DFW C AC supposedly has build-your-own macaroni and cheese...but there hasn't been mac and cheese for at least 25 minutes. The topping do work to make a salad, however, using the romaine they have out. There is only one soup; the other serving vessel is supposed to be for the mac and cheese.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, MR PLT
Yesterday the ORD H-K Club had the Build your own Mac-n-cheese, as well as the veggie chili.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Earlier this week, MCO had a taco salad bar, and I've got to say -- I made myself a really tasty (in a high-quality bar food kind of way) plate...blackened chicken, black bean/corn/jalapeno mix, fresh avocado, chili fritos, cheese, cholula, chipotle ranch and lime vinaigrette dressing. They had other toppings I didn't use, as well.

Earlier tonight, CLT C/D had an asiago artichoke dip that was very nice, and a taco salad station with a more limited set of topping than described above, but still a decent selection (notably, the chicken and fresh avocado were both included).

Everyone should enjoy these benefits before they're enhanced away! ;-)
Cholula likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.