Search

New route to CID

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
New route to CID

Figured I'd share it here in case anyone on the forum can use it:
Cedar Rapids-Charlotte begins Nov. 4th. 2x daily.
Seems like CLT just keeps getting more andf more Midwest service (not that I'm complaining of course )
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Thanks.

Always interested in new service to CID since my sister lives there. However CTL is a little out of the way for me (originating at DEN)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dinger
Thanks.

Always interested in new service to CID since my sister lives there. However CTL is a little out of the way for me (originating at DEN)
Not to mention from DEN, you will never get a decent fare through CLT unless you're going to an airport exclusively served by CLT.

I've looked for DEN-CLT-GRR/DTW many times since I like the flight leaves at 1230am, but it will only price in the $800+ range.

I would expect the same for people starting at CID. Unless you are traveling to the east coast, you'll be connecting through ORD/DFW.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by dinger
However CTL is a little out of the way for me (originating at DEN)
You're not kidding! CTL = Charleville, Queensland
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is a fairly lengthy article about the new flights in the Cedar Rapids newspaper:

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/ne...ights-20160708
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:58 pm

Nice. Wish they'd show some love to the other end of the state as well.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BThumme
Not to mention from DEN, you will never get a decent fare through CLT unless you're going to an airport exclusively served by CLT.
Huh? I live in DEN and get decent fares through CLT all the time.

Sure maybe you're not gonna find decent fares DEN-CLT-XXX, where XXX is a big backtrack from CLT (like DTW or GRR), but I find decent fares through CLT to DCA all the time, and to the European destinations served from CLT. And those are not destinations served exclusively from CLT.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by bse118
Huh? I live in DEN and get decent fares through CLT all the time.

Sure maybe you're not gonna find decent fares DEN-CLT-XXX, where XXX is a big backtrack from CLT (like DTW or GRR), but I find decent fares through CLT to DCA all the time, and to the European destinations served from CLT. And those are not destinations served exclusively from CLT.
Yuuup. Going around your elbow to get to Grand Rapids takes a lot of time (read:gas) and therefore costs more than through a MW hub. DEN-NE/FL/Europe can be quite cheap through CLT, however.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Even if DEN-CLT-CID might prove pricey, perhaps award space will work to make such a routing work.

More importantly, I hope that CID can support and maintain this service.

Recently, United Express flew IAD-MLI [MLI is ~90 miles from CID], and due to lack of sustainability, UX axed the service.

The life of the service was rather short, beginning in October 2015, and ending in early June 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.