Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA.com now showing waitlisted flights [false alarm]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt

I am waitlisted for a LAX-SYD upgrade in November. Today I logged in to my reservation on AA.com and it now shows the waitlisted segment! This is a welcome change IMHO.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Not seeing it in any of the upcoming flights I have SWU requests waitlisted.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I do not see it either.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
i just checked my reservation for DFW-HKG and PVG-DFW in December for upgrade using SWU"s and see nothing in the reservation. where is this wait listing showing up and how is it stated?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm wait listed J to F on LAX MIA on Monday and my reservation is simply "unavailable " . EXP desk said it was because of the waitlisted segment. Not a happy camper here.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AA ExPLT
Interesting - maybe it is just AU flights - I have LAX-AKL next week and it is showing up as a separate leg at the bottom of the round trip - even has select seat and the choose your meal link below it, however if you click the seat link it still pulls up the Y cabin and the meal link doesn't work. It wasn't there yesterday.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
I'm pretty sure that when aa.com shows weird stuff like that it means your upgrade cleared but wasn't reissued yet. Call them and they'll process it.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA ExPLT
Bingo, that's it. I just called and it had cleared, and already been reticketed so I was able to grab one of the remaining single side seats. But weird it wasn't showing as cleared in AA.com yet.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by catwings01
Bingo, that's it. I just called and it had cleared, and already been reticketed so I was able to grab one of the remaining single side seats. But weird it wasn't showing as cleared in AA.com yet.
When it comes to aa.com, nothing is really weird (or, everything is, depending on your perspective).
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I'm pretty sure that when aa.com shows weird stuff like that it means your upgrade cleared but wasn't reissued yet. Call them and they'll process it.
Originally Posted by catwings01
As this seems to be a false alarm, we'll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.