Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Re-Booking with Awards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Admirals Club Re-Booking with Awards

If I am booked in an economy award, the flight cancels, there's a seat on another AA or OW flight to the same destination, can I re-book in the Admirals Club (with agents there) to a higher class using more miles?

Or, am I stuck with an economy award on whatever AA/OW flight is available?

Summary: can Admirals Club agents make changes like this?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:43 pm
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I'd assume that if there's J/F award inventory on that flight, you can always upgrade with more miles according to the normal rules with no change/redeposit fee. I'm not sure if AC agents can make the change.

However, I highly doubt that you'd be able to get on a flight without award inventory. They will rebook you on a flight in the class of service that you reserved. If you upgrade to J/F beforehand and then your flight gets cancelled, you will get rebooked in J/F, even if there isn't award inventory. They would likely prioritize AA metal, but you can sometimes push for partner flights.

What're you trying to do? Why not just book J/F now? If there isn't availability, just keep checking every day until something opens up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.