Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

If one gets off, everybody gets off delayed flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If one gets off, everybody gets off delayed flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
That doesn't sound right. I've seen some passengers allowed to get off when there is a delay, and even when I was on a flight that was diverted to another airport before heading on to its original airport, I and a few others were allowed to get off. In neither case were all passengers required to get off.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rjw242
In this case, perhaps the de- and re-boarding occurred because the family didn't notify the GA who they were. In other words, they didn't know whom to remove from the manifest, so they had to re-scan everyone's BPs.
But if this is the case, the GA could have said, "if you no longer wish to travel with us today, please tell me as you deplane so I can note this in our systems."

With the way it was handled, this one family's selfishness, meant that they were making a decision for the entire plane. Only the captain (or AA Ops) should be making those decisions.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
How's Delta ex-DFW?
Lovely, if you enjoy limited flights, connections and lay-over's in ATL.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I actually just asked a similar question as a new topic on this forum. Was surprised that they didn't remove all pax from my flight when a passenger "de-planed" and left his rubbish behind under the seat. It got me very edgy thinking of what else he could've left/done to the plane before leaving
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ianfly
I actually just asked a similar question as a new topic on this forum. Was surprised that they didn't remove all pax from my flight when a passenger "de-planed" and left his rubbish behind under the seat. It got me very edgy thinking of what else he could've left/done to the plane before leaving
Not much, in all likelihood.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Sitting at the gate at DFW on delayed AA239 to MSP. FA just announced that the GA has decided that if 1 person gets off, all passengers must deplane.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Well if your on the plane and not in the plane how are they supposed to fly anyway? (Thanks George Carlin)
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Microwave
This sounds like an employee inventing rules to make the situation easier for him or her to handle, with the effect of bullying passengers into not taking advantage of their rights.
This could be very empowering to a passive-aggressive type who wanted to stick it to AA (or fellow passengers). We never see those people on FT, do we?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
This could be very empowering to a passive-aggressive type who wanted to stick it to AA (or fellow passengers).
Or one with a penchant for bluff-calling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.