Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Email Offering MIA Premium Lounge as Alternative

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Offering MIA Premium Lounge as Alternative

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
That is fantastic advice!! Unless you have a flight out of E or a stale sandwich and some food service lettuce from a bag is worth more than your time, There's no reason to hump over there. I have no idea why the E Lounge is seen as such a mysterious and exclusive place.
Have you been there lately? I found the food plentiful and pretty good and fresh a couple of days ago. The lounge was not the prettiest place but the food and drink were pretty darn good and worth the walk for me.

They have changed the lounge access for the moment it appears that all AC members get access for the moment. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by E55
Two words.... premium booze.
Two additional words - self pour.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:37 pm

At the Premium lounge right now, pleasantly surprised at the food and drinks offering. It's a lot better than the AC for sure. And it is not that far a walk from Terminal D.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
If your flight is out of a D gate it doesn't seem like any lounge in the E concourse is really a good alternative. I used the D15 Admiral's Club on June 11 and although not finished it was looking much better than previously and seemed to have much more seating.

I've also never gone from E to D or vice versa but thought you had to exit security and re-clear, not sure this is true however.
The D12 Centurion Lounge would be a better alternative... but it's already way too crowded.

And AA doesn't own it.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by mmdough
At the Premium lounge right now, pleasantly surprised at the food and drinks offering. It's a lot better than the AC for sure. And it is not that far a walk from Terminal D.
10 minutes or less from the D30 AC... and 100% worth the walk... just for the Russian Standard!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Have you been there lately? I found the food plentiful and pretty good and fresh a couple of days ago.
Yes, and I actually had a low E departure. We will have to disagree on that one.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by E55
Two words.... premium booze.
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Two additional words - self pour.
Four additional words.... lots of available seating
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I will be there on Sunday and Monday and looking forward to trying this lounge out.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I will be there on Sunday and Monday and looking forward to trying this lounge out.
I haven't found the E lounge to be much more crowded since opening it up to AC members. I think people do not want to schlep from D to E. The interior is a bit dated (hasn't changed since it was originally an AC) but there are 5 showers, lots of room in the food serving areas (unlike D30 where its like feeding time on the farm), and a few nice quite areas.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I went there in July thinking it is a premium lounge, omg, what a joke this place is...I kept asking where the food will come out and the told me the chips and the stale sandwiches is the food...A complete joke of a place...

I was expecting something like the flagship lounge in Chicago in terms of food, and that place was 100 years behind...geez...
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by nk15
I went there in July thinking it is a premium lounge, omg, what a joke this place is...I kept asking where the food will come out and the told me the chips and the stale sandwiches is the food...A complete joke of a place...

I was expecting something like the flagship lounge in Chicago in terms of food, and that place was 100 years behind...geez...
What time were you there? I've always had a decent buffet-light type spread, with an ok variety of options. Actual food that would tide you over, in any case.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Djokison
What time were you there? I've always had a decent buffet-light type spread, with an ok variety of options. Actual food that would tide you over, in any case.
There is a full salad bar that starts at lunch as well as cut veggies, soup, an assortment of breads, fruit, yogurt, and an assortment of deserts. IMHO well enough to keep you well fed.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
There is a full salad bar that starts at lunch as well as cut veggies, soup, an assortment of breads, fruit, yogurt, and an assortment of deserts. IMHO well enough to keep you well fed.
Exactly, that's my experience as well. Certainly not "chips and stale sandwiches."
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Djokison
It was an evening in July. Pretty light stuff, not much more that you will find in the regular AC. Definitely not worth the trek unless you're in the area.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Wow is this place dated. I like how big it is though. The pre-noon offering is so-so. Was hoping there would be bottles of water in the fridge I could take but just sodas and mixers. It's nice they have proper bowls (for soup etc) and silverware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.