Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What Happened to "Program to Date Miles"? (Gone Apr 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, 3MM

I don't look at this often, as it is of no value whatsoever, but had my account open today and notice this field is gone. I could swear it was there just a couple of months ago or so. It was kind of cool just seeing how much activity I've given them in one way or the other. My 3MM+ just seemed to have gone way.

Just curious as to what happened to it.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Noticed is was gone as well - but as you state, it no longer had any value. Also, it was horridly inaccurate. It never did deduct miles from that counter - even if they were adjusted out - like for a shopping return. And toward the end, it wasn't even adding in all earned miles in correctly...

But I do think it disappeared closer to a year ago.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:06 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Looking at past AAdvantage statements that I have, it disappeared from the April 2016 statement.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Now that MM status is no longer determined by the "Program to Date" counter, but instead only by BIS miles, there is not really a need for the Program to Date counter anymore. The MM counter is what matters for status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.