Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Going further off topic, how about the "Premium dining" at DFW? It is amazing how the worlds largest airline can have something that feels like its setup by a high school summer trainee. If AA doesn't have the resources to get out of DFW to see how a proper lounge should be setup at least they could go down 20 gates and walk in the the Amex lounge for a little lesson...
^^this. Just expirence this nonsense and they don't bill it as a "premium dining" that actually might be truth in advertising compared to hummus and celery but they brand it as "international first class dining" which is a mix of sad and hilarious. With emphasis on sad.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Funny you mention DFW-HKG, one of the biggest mixed bags in the AA network by far. I've had some truly excellent crews on 137/138, but it seems like some of the worst FAs in the system get this flight with regularity. I've seen the most nastiness toward pax on this route by far...
The long routes get jaded senior FAs, who get first crack and choose these routes because they can complete their flying hours with only a few round trips each month. When AA was flying to DEL, that was awful as well.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
The long routes get jaded senior FAs, who get first crack and choose these routes because they can complete their flying hours with only a few round trips each month. When AA was flying to DEL, that was awful as well.
I've noticed more of them on the HKG route than any others (NRT, etc.). There are the jaded FAs who still carry out service standards, but then there are the particularly nasty ones. I've experienced more nastiness on this flight (~50% of my flights have had rude to hostile service) than I have in all my other air travel combined. I guess since it's the longest route in the system, it gets the most jaded FAs. AA ought to realize that this route is full of people willing to pay for their premium product and adjust accordingly. Too bad Dougie, Hector, and others never take this flight. Alas...

On another note, maybe Caesar the FA will get reassigned to AA137.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
Has AA ever thought of bringing in FAs from premier airlines to help coach their FAs? AA has a few great FAs, but as a whole, their staff is not particularly service oriented compared to other airlines I have flown.
I doubt that APFA would permit it.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by enviroian
When can we the passenger voice our concern to the pilot fearing our safety because of the flight attendants behavior and ask for him to be removed??
This is a very right on point and a concern but I fear the retribution

Originally Posted by formeraa
With this crazy FA, asking for the purser might have gotten the OP a lengthy interview with the local police. It is best to tweet or send a brief email with the details to AA Customer Service, after the flight has been completed. It does get back to the FA's supervisor and their personnel file.

Last edited by grbauctions; Jun 27, 2016 at 9:27 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi7473000 View Post
Has AA ever thought of bringing in FAs from premier airlines to help coach their FAs? AA has a few great FAs, but as a whole, their staff is not particularly service oriented compared to other airlines I have flown.
I doubt that APFA would permit it.

I really think many American airlines could use classes on how to deal with customers and some basic strategies on dealing with people especially in irop's

We customers on our end sometimes can use some basic courtesy. Many business don't invest in this area. Hard product is good but a good FA, Agent, TA etc can make up for the many stresses that incur during travel.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I don't think anyone is disputing that. My comment was narrowly concerning the statement in post 34 "supposed to be there".

One more time - trying to understand why inappropriate behavior took place does not mean you condone the inappropriate behavior.
I agree. It helps to understand the stresses and issues of others that we deal with. If the FA was trying to do that also, He/She would be a lot more understanding of people that He/she is dealing with.

I've traveled just over 75k this year all in J class and let me tell you even with club access Business class seats and priority boarding it's amazingly stressful.

Now the shoe on the other foot having to travel many many times the amount I've traveled and I can see and have some sympathies for them. (FA,GA)
Doesn't make it right but I't allows me to understand how they got to the attitude they have.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I was flying PVG old FA I am in 3A, she was a little grouchy...

I told her she use to fly PEK about 5 years ago, ask her about her boy in school...

She thanked me for remembering her...

She treated me great the rest of the trip,

To this day she still remembers me every flight,

They are under stress also, treat them with a little respect, goes a long way...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by satman40
I was flying PVG old FA I am in 3A, she was a little grouchy...

I told her she use to fly PEK about 5 years ago, ask her about her boy in school...

She thanked me for remembering her...

She treated me great the rest of the trip,

To this day she still remembers me every flight,

They are under stress also, treat them with a little respect, goes a long way...
Yes, of course. But your story is essentially that she was grouchy until she had a specific reason not to be. That's not right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.