Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

exercise at DFW - either at Admirals Club or walking in terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

exercise at DFW - either at Admirals Club or walking in terminal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
Picture of the 'gym'

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...nge-amenities/
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Get a shower and then go to the gym. I rather enjoy the gym, I usually do 30 minutes on the treadmill plus some pushups and situps and squats. Rarely anybody else in there, the equipment is pretty mediocre but whatever, its a gym at the airport. There's a TV in there too which can help with the boredom.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use that gym every time I go through DFW and have more than a 3 hour layover. First get the shower and tell the people at the front desk that you're planning on using the treadmill. They will give you a "key" for the treadmill and you have to leave your ID I believe. Get changed in the shower room then head across the hall for a workout on the treadmill then have a great shower afterwards.

The only issue I have is that after doing my 30 minutes of intervals on the treadmill I can't stop sweating, even after taking a 10 minute cold shower and resting in the shower room for 20 minutes. As soon as I start moving I start pouring sweat.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold 75K
Thanks for all the information. It is appreciated! We checked bags in early in Baton Route so hubby took carryon stuff through security while I went outside and power walked for 40 minutes through the parking garage. Dang it was hot! But so glad I got it done.

We land at E but will take tram to A and I will hit the showers and relax before heading back to E for Alaska flight to Seattle. Excited for a power Texas shower! I think 3 hours between flights will give me plenty of time.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Treadmills and an exercise bike. The fitness rom is right next to the showers. You can change and leave your clothes and luggage locked in the shower room while you exercise. I've done it a couple of times on long layovers. The exercise and shower are a great attitude adjuster.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Probably too late for the OP but good for anyone else who reads this thread. The Grand Hyatt attached to terminal D sells a "one day" pass for their exercise room.

It cost about $30 which is a little pricey, but you get a nice workout area and really nice locker room with showers on the top floor of the Hyatt, with great views of the airport. I have used it a couple of times on long layovers and it has always been empty.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold 75K
Great tip about the pass at the Hyatt. that's a reasonable price.

Good thing I didn't plan on exercising in DFW in A AC, treadmill out of order. But I am happy to report the shower was amazing. I want one of those at home!

Now I am sipping a nifty cocktail before heading home. Happy Sunday and Father's Day to all!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I've never encountered much of anyone walking the pedestrian bridge in the secure area between Terminals C and D. That's a great little stretch across International Parkway....better than going through parking garages!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Good option at the Grand Hyatt, as long as it's landside location is kept in mind.

The beauty of the A club option is its airside locale, easily reached from any DFW terminal via SkyLink.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
IIRC there's treadmills in every terminal.

Moving walkways going the wrong way provide some exercise and amusement to incoming passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.