Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
PVR-LAX
E175
Dinner
PDB of choice

I would love to know what Ronco gadget they use to produce those faux griddle marks on that slab of chicken. I do indeed find it funny.

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
I would love to know what Ronco gadget they use to produce those faux griddle marks on that slab of chicken. I do indeed find it funny.

Nothing too fancy..
ijgordon, enviroian, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:39 am

DFW-LHR in J today

Appetizer was pretty good, though way too heavy on the sauce.

Key lime tarte was really good and a solid choice over the ice cream the FA tried to pitch.

Fish was rubbery - the sauce was actually flavorful and necessary for the bland fish...didn’t finish it. Couscous was inedible due to the peppers - I hate the flavor and they infiltrate everything.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by mattp_16
How pasta-heavy is the Crab and Shrimp Cannelloni? I don't want a lot of pasta, usually prefer more protein+veggies.
It's cannelloni, so not very pasta heavy by design. From what I remember, had a good amount of filling with cheese & crab, and some shrimp on the top.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by GWFan
It's cannelloni, so not very pasta heavy by design. From what I remember, had a good amount of filling with cheese & crab, and some shrimp on the top.
Had it twice recently. It’s pretty good, all things considered.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:10 pm

Ha! Got curious after posting that and just hit the window for a trip. Looks like it will be a third time for the cannelloni.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Early December, AA109 (LHR-LAX) in F:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks Asian-style Beef Cheeks soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice
  • Braised Chicken Leg Braised Chicken Leg red wine sauce, truffled spelt
  • Seared Sea Bream Seared Sea Bream salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes
  • Gnocchi Primavera Gnocchi Primavera selected for nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables
Any suggestions?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
DFW-ICN

I'm flying DFW-ICN next week with the choices below and considering any of these options except for the short rib. I recall reading on a prior year AA international thread that the Bibimbap is pretty meh so I'm more strongly considering the orecchiette or shrimp dishes. Does anyone have any advice? Also, this flight gets a plated mid-flight snack, right? It's 15+ hours.

Bibimbap
Beef bulgogi with cucumber, zucchini, carrot, shiitake mushroom, spinach, bellflower root, egg, gochujang sauce and steamed rice

Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

Braised Short Rib
charred lemon and dill quinoa, currants, horseradish gremolata

Shrimp-stuffed eggplant
sautéed vegetables, Shanghai black bean sauce
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:28 pm

Flying AA72- Sydney - LAX in a month. Any recommendations out of these four for pre reservation?

- Roasted portabello mushrooms (cannellini bean casserole, Café de Paris butter)
- Seared Barramundi (Hasselback potato, broccolini, romesco sauce)
- Chicken Saltimbocca (Parmesan polenta, asparagus, salsa verde)
- Grilled Beef Filet (duck fat roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach, miso hollandaise)

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uscjeff
I have same as your return on LHR/LAX next month. I had to google what Schupfnudeln is
+1 on this one as I have it for BCN-JFK next month. Anyone have any of them? Currently have the beef selected but I am intrigued by the chicken and the salmon combo with all it comes with sounds like it has potential as well.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Did AA just switch up their international menus? Flight coming up in 2 weeks offering Beef Stir Fry or Rotini Pasta in PE. Has anyone had either? A search came up empty.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Did AA just switch up their international menus? Flight coming up in 2 weeks offering Beef Stir Fry or Rotini Pasta in PE. Has anyone had either? A search came up empty.
Yes, they did. View from the Wing covered it for domestic First, and it seems to be true for international travel, too. My flight tomorrow DFW-PEK has an all new menu, making it hard to decide on which entree to get.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I have the beef story fry later on in PE. I don’t remember what the return option is. I wasn’t particularly inspired by any of the choices.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by econ
Yes, please. I'll have to make the same choice in a few weeks!
Ended up going with the Buffalo Chicken. I wish I had gotten the fish, because the chicken was quite possibly one of the worst J meals that I've had, even by AA standards. Mostly breading, low quality meat, and just an overall strange flavor. (and yes, I've had buffalo chicken before).

I thought the lamb on the way back was pretty good, however.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:59 pm

Surprisingly decent salmon- even thought about asking for another. Didn’t touch the salad as it was quite unappealing.

I had pre-ordered this because it sounded interesting, not realizing it was a vegetarian option. Was the most flavorful main course I’ve had in J in quite some time. Would order again

Very tasty pre-arrival snack. Probably a calorie bomb but didn’t care at that point.

This was LHR-DFW on Wednesday. Sorry for the dirty fork pics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.