Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Rocktog
I’ve scanned thru and didn’t see comments about the pasta dish. I’m trying to figure out a meal for 11 year old, somewhat picky eater.

•Tamarind Ginger Beef Filet
•Panko Crusted Prawns
•Grilled Herb Chicken
•Kale and sunflower seed pesto campanelle

husband is irdering praens, I’m probably going to order chicken. In normal restaurant kid would probably like the beef and chicken, and I’m assuming the pasta, but I’ve never had kale pesto (similar to basil pesto?).

any opinions?

im actually a low carb eater, but I’m a bit afraid of ordering the diabetic meal as in past (domestic) it was always a salad, cottage cheese, and nothing I would eat. Any idea what the diabetic meals are like?
I cannot speak to your child directly, but I had these selections and the child (not my child) sitting across the way from me had the chicken and seemed to enjoy it, judging by the fact he cleaned the plate.

I enjoyed the prawns and the wife enjoyed the pasta, but the Chicken is probably a safe choice for a child.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’ve scanned thru and didn’t see comments about the pasta dish. I’m trying to figure out a meal for 11 year old, somewhat picky eater.

•Panko Crusted Prawns
•Grilled Herb Chicken

husband is irdering praens, I’m probably going to order chicken. In normal restaurant kid would probably like the beef and chicken, and I’m assuming the pasta, but I’ve never had kale pesto (similar to basil pesto?).

any opinions?

im actually a low carb eater, but I’m a bit afraid of ordering the diabetic meal as in past (domestic) it was always a salad, cottage cheese, and nothing I would eat. Any idea what the diabetic meals are like?
I am a low carb eater too (Keto).

•Panko Crusted Prawns
•Grilled Herb Chicken

I am flying DFW-CDG in a couple of weeks and getting this menu again (don't they ever change it??) However they recently changed the taramind ginger beef to grilled filet mignon with twice baked potatoes and green beans. Finally a normal meal! I jumped on the filet and pray they don't change it again.

I have had the prawns. The panko crust was soggy and unappetizing.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:43 pm

the filet will be overcooked and disgusting - I'd wager it.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by thelark
No doubt about that! At least it comes with an herb butter sauce which might help to make it somewhat palatable.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:31 pm

What to or not to order 77W 1st to and from LHR

Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:47 pm
pjs

77W DFW-LHR Biz (later departure) next month. What's a good choice?
  • Braised Short Ribs
    brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce
  • Red Snapper Tagine
    celery and carrot couscous, sautéed vegetables
  • Buffalo Skillet Chicken
    jalapeño cheddar corn cakes, Gorgonzola, golden beet and carrot slaw
  • Bulgur and Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
    roasted golden beets, crumbled fontina, arrabbiata sauce
Tagine sounds like a fish mousse so not leaning towards that. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by pjs
77W DFW-LHR Biz (later departure) next month. ....

Tagine sounds like a fish mousse so not leaning towards that. Thanks.
"A tajine or tagine (Arabic: الطاجين) is a Maghrebi dish which is named after the
earthenware pot in which it is cooked."
- it should be a flavorful stew. Might want to reconsider
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:49 am
pjs

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
"A tajine or tagine (Arabic: الطاجين) is a Maghrebi dish which is named after the
earthenware pot in which it is cooked."
- it should be a flavorful stew. Might want to reconsider
Thanks - not sure why I had mousse in my head when I read that. Any thoughts on the other options?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by pjs
Thanks - not sure why I had mousse in my head when I read that. Any thoughts on the other options?
Post #75 has a brief write-up on the Buffalo Skillet Chicken.

My 10 year old had the short ribs. He's somewhat picky but loves Asian flavors. He ate it all - there was nothing left for me to sample.
jcatman likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjs
Thanks - not sure why I had mousse in my head when I read that.
Maybe you were thinking of a terrine?
A tagine, in general, probably works well on a plane (Asian curries typically do, and it's a similar concept). But the short rib and chicken both sound good to me too.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just had a flight attendant (Craig) decide to reduce transatlantic meal service from a multi course delivery at 615 to. One tray service because he said we were an hour late. I’m pretty sure it’s because he was lazy. Rest of the crew was livid at how he made them rush. So many excessive announcements about how pax should order meals in advance and how no one would get their choice tonight. AA continues to reach new lows after each flight.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
  • Tamarind Ginger Beef Filet
  • Panko Crusted Prawns
  • Grilled Herb Chicken
  • Kale and sunflower seed pesto campanelle
Originally Posted by thelark
I had this menu on AA730 CLT-LHR the other night.

Despite my general "no steak on planes" policy I ordered the beef.

It was quite good. Medium-rare, moist, and tender. ^ I was shocked. The green beans and twice-baked potato that came with it were also pretty good. The potato was much better than the domestic F version of it. Not a gourmet meal by any stretch - but quite fine for AA airplane food.

Kudos to the crew for a quick and efficient dinner service - all meals were served express style on a single tray - on this short TATL.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:34 am
pjs

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Maybe you were thinking of a terrine?
A tagine, in general, probably works well on a plane (Asian curries typically do, and it's a similar concept). But the short rib and chicken both sound good to me too.
Yes! That’s what I was thinking of. LOL. I decided to go with the chicken as a pre-order as it does sound good.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
I don't usually order beef but the "Slow-cooked beef, red wine sauce, spatzle noodles, sauteed Romanesco" I had MOnday FCO-ORD was one of the best airline meals I have ever had.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just had a flight attendant (Craig) decide to reduce transatlantic meal service from a multi course delivery at 615 to. One tray service because he said we were an hour late. I’m pretty sure it’s because he was lazy. Rest of the crew was livid at how he made them rush. So many excessive announcements about how pax should order meals in advance and how no one would get their choice tonight. AA continues to reach new lows after each flight.
So explain to me why it's AA fault? This FA made an decision on how the meal service was to be handled and you did say the others FA's weren't happy, so because one FA went rouge then you lump the entire airline into this? Did you contact AA to tell them what happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.