Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
Originally Posted by burg123
I am flying Prg-Phl on American MCE, any idea of lunch choices?
Most likely you will have 2 options: #1 some type of protein/meat (beef, chicken or even fish) and #2 a "vegetarian" option (usually some type of pasta).
Reviews on the MCE may give you a better idea of what has been offered in some of the routes that operate this class of service.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pdcarg77
Most likely you will have 2 options: #1 some type of protein/meat (beef, chicken or even fish) and #2 a "vegetarian" option (usually some type of pasta).
Reviews on the MCE may give you a better idea of what has been offered in some of the routes that operate this class of service.
Not sure what you mean? MCE is economy class so they'll get the economy meal choices.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Not sure what you mean? MCE is economy class so they'll get the economy meal choices.
My bad. I was thinking about PEY. Apologies,
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by atcodave
I had the Seafood Bouillabaisse two days ago, it was OK but nothing special. Prawns, scallops and some white fish in a fairly bland sauce with good mash. The wife had the beef and said it was great.

was this from LHR? I have the same options from BCN and curious what to get... sounds like the "Korean/European" beef

Last edited by kar don; Aug 17, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:25 pm

AA 174 RDU-LHR
Business Class
Dinner (April 2018)

My first long-haul international J trip! I was so excited that I took pictures, then forgot about posting them until now. 6pm departure (that boarded early and I panicked I was going to miss!) and a relatively empty J cabin made for quick service. RDU-based crew was great as always!

The "salad" (I use the term loosely) tasted decent, although the presentation on a single leaf of lettuce doesn't really do it for me. The appetizer was a very delicious smoked salmon & cream cheese roll that was perfectly seasoned & served with a hard-boiled quail egg.

For entree, I pre-ordered the crab and shrimp cannelloni, which was served with some saffron shrimp. Tasted good and heated up well, even the pasta. The sauce was tasty, but a rather sloppy presentation. I was glad it was served on the side & only added a little bit to my pasta.

For dessert, I went with the cappuccino mousse. And a glass of port, because obviously.
ijgordon and platbrownguy like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kar don
was this from LHR? I have the same options from BCN and curious what to get... sounds like the "Korean/European" beef
Yes LHR-MIA
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:06 pm

Does anyone know what the Kosher meal is for LHR-JFK in economy?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Any thoughts on an upcoming ORD-LHR trip.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by mlx52
Any thoughts on an upcoming ORD-LHR trip.
Select the Salmon.

Arrive to ORD early for your flight. Eat in the Flagship Lounge. Sleep on the plane.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
CUN-ORD
Boeing 737-800 with Boeing Sky Interior
Lunch

Pre-departure beverage of choice. Pre-order acknowledged before takeoff!

Choices today were either Chicken Quesadillas with black beans or Vegetable Skewers with Couscous

Once in the air we were offered a hot towel, followed by drink of choice and barely warm mixed nuts.

I opted for the chicken quesadillas.

Also on the tray was a delicious large prawn. The side salad was bland and generic plastic container of salad dressing was cheap and hard to open. When it did, it exploded all over me. My roll choice of the wheat was barely warm and left quite a bit to be desired. The chicken quesadilla was only ok, and the black beans dry and bland. Dessert followed, which was a tiramisu. It was good...for airplane tiramisu and I appreciate the effort. Refills were kept up throughout the flight from the friendly crew. I passed out after the meal service thanks to the cool cabin! A mint waited for me at my seat when I woke up prior to landing! ^

Overall, a good flight!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
CUN-ORD
Boeing 737-800 with Boeing Sky Interior
Lunch

Pre-departure beverage of choice. Pre-order acknowledged before takeoff!

Choices today were either Chicken Quesadillas with black beans or Vegetable Skewers with Couscous

Once in the air we were offered a hot towel, followed by drink of choice and barely warm mixed nuts.

I opted for the chicken quesadillas.

Also on the tray was a delicious large prawn. The side salad was bland and generic plastic container of salad dressing was cheap and hard to open. When it did, it exploded all over me. My roll choice of the wheat was barely warm and left quite a bit to be desired. The chicken quesadilla was only ok, and the black beans dry and bland. Dessert followed, which was a tiramisu. It was good...for airplane tiramisu and I appreciate the effort. Refills were kept up throughout the flight from the friendly crew. I passed out after the meal service thanks to the cool cabin! A mint waited for me at my seat when I woke up prior to landing! ^

Overall, a good flight!
Why is that experience FF's have a hard time opening these containers and why would you allow it to "explode" all over you? Asking for a friend
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
Select the Salmon.

Arrive to ORD early for your flight. Eat in the Flagship Lounge. Sleep on the plane.
I had the salmon a couple of nights ago on AA732 - it was actually one of the best meals I've had in a while (glaze is on the side).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Why is that experience FF's have a hard time opening these containers and why would you allow it to "explode" all over you? Asking for a friend
Oh, that's simple...I'm a klutz!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
What did you end up getting? Similarly torn...

Originally Posted by chenalex
Flying PVG to LAX.

Any suggestions?

Grilled Beef Filet
mushroom-herb crust, snow peas, sweet corn mash, peppered port wine jus

​​​​​​Crab-Stuffed Shrimp
curried vegetable Singapore noodles, silken bean curd, toasted sesame seeds

Char Siu Chicken
Yunnan-style long grain rice with mango, roasted Brussels sprouts, plum sauce

​​​​​​Chinese Scallion Pancake Lasagna
mushroom, cabbage, mozzarella, hoisin sauce

Leaning towards chicken or beef as I'm not a fan of curried vegetables, but I do like seafood too so this is hard to choose.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Your friend is a rookie! Always open salad dressing containers pointing AWAY from you!
wrp96 and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.