Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by teddy25
PEK-DFW in a couple of weeks, any one know what is usually the Asian Veg meal out of PEK?
MAD-DFW:
Slow-Cooked Beef Slow-Cooked Beef
red wine sauce, spätzle noodles, sautéed Romanesco
Grilled Sea Bass Grilled Sea Bass
mustard vinaigrette, warm potato salad, asparagus tips, vine tomatoes
Dukkah-Marinated Organic Chicken Breast
spicy harissa sauce, dill basmati rice, broad beans in tomato sauce
Whole-Grain Penne Whole-Grain Penne
caponata alla siciliana, grilled zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers, shaved Parmesan
I had the Dukkah-Marinated Chicken Breast LHR-JFK last week and it was pretty good, actually.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dkc192
I've had the panko-crusted prawns ex-DFW and found them to be quite good, as have many other posters in the 2017 thread.
I've often found the shrimp on AA flights to be a tad rubbery, but will admit that this has primarily been when it's part of a cold appetizer.

I had the Herbed Chicken JFK-LHR last month and it was one of the better meals I've had on AA recently.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
AA 78 DFW-LHR tomorrow. I chose the chicken for tomorrow and on the return.
Dinner meals
  • Choose Later
  • Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef Brussels sprouts, basmati rice
  • Panko Crusted Prawns roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Grilled Herbed Chicken tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce
  • Kale and Sunflower Seed Pesto Campanelli roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, shaved Parmesan
AA 81 next week LHR-DFW
Lunch meals

Choose Later
  • Slow-Cooked Beef red wine sauce, spätzle noodles, sautéed Romanesco
  • Grilled Sea Bass mustard vinaigrette, warm potato salad, asparagus tips, vine tomatoes
  • Dukkah-Marinated Organic Chicken Breast spicy harissa sauce, dill basmati rice, broad beans in tomato sauce
  • Whole-Grain Penne caponata alla siciliana, grilled zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers, shaved Parmesan

Last edited by enviroian; May 20, 2018 at 9:37 am
Old May 21, 2018, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2SailAway
Traveling LAX-HKG in a few weeks -any suggestions here will be greatly appreciated...

LAX-HKG: Dinner
  • Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese
  • Grilled Beef Filet zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers
  • Lobster Ravioli lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach
  • Thai Green Curry chicken, steamed white rice

HKG-LAX: Lunch
  • Roast Duck egg fried rice, sugar snap peas, carrots, plum sauce
  • Black Angus Beef Filet red wine demi-glace, twice-baked potato, asparagus, roasted cherry tomato
  • Sautéed Salmon Filet herb butter, lemon risotto, asparagus
  • Chickpea Masala saffron basmati rice
I have the exact same Dinner menu for my upcoming DFW-HKG flight in June. It was either the Ravioli or Beef Filet for me and I have pre-ordered the Beef Filet. I would choose the Green Curry only if it was Duck (had it on the same route last year and actually enjoyed it). I've never had AA's Beef Filet because of all the complaints on FT but am willing to give it a try. Beef ribs on AA, however are absolutely delicious!

A few people have had complaints about Duck dishes on J, but I've had it a few times on both AA and CX flights and actually enjoyed it.

Hope there are some feedback out there for our Dinner Menu, it is probably one of the worst menu AA has ever had.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
AA 78 DFW-LHR tomorrow. I chose the chicken for tomorrow and on the return.
Dinner meals
  • Choose Later
  • Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef Brussels sprouts, basmati rice
  • Panko Crusted Prawns roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Grilled Herbed Chicken tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce
  • Kale and Sunflower Seed Pesto Campanelli roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, shaved Parmesan
AA 81 next week LHR-DFW
Lunch meals

Choose Later
  • Slow-Cooked Beef red wine sauce, spätzle noodles, sautéed Romanesco
  • Grilled Sea Bass mustard vinaigrette, warm potato salad, asparagus tips, vine tomatoes
  • Dukkah-Marinated Organic Chicken Breast spicy harissa sauce, dill basmati rice, broad beans in tomato sauce
  • Whole-Grain Penne caponata alla siciliana, grilled zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers, shaved Parmesan
I had the Panko Crusted Prawns DFW-FRA and they were pretty good.

The wife had the Dukkah-Marinated Chicken ex-LHR and said it was one of the best AA meals that she can remember since the merger.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by kmersh
I had the Panko Crusted Prawns DFW-FRA and they were pretty good.

The wife had the Dukkah-Marinated Chicken ex-LHR and said it was one of the best AA meals that she can remember since the merger.
I just had this last week and agree that it was quite good. The chicken was actually really moist.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by spycygrl
I just had this last week and agree that it was quite good. The chicken was actually really moist.
The funny part was the Flight Attendant came to my Wife and said I see that you Pre-ordered the Chicken, you must have known something that none of your fellow passengers knew because it look good and smells great.

He then came back to my wife after she finished the chicken and said how was it? The pilot is raving about it and I am going to have it for my meal as we lots of left over chicken.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Any feel for what standard PE meals are? I'm assuming, like the seat, akin to domestic F meals?
Old May 22, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Any feel for what standard PE meals are? I'm assuming, like the seat, akin to domestic F meals?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...m#post29581996

I think I read somewhere that PE meals are a subset of the J meals, served on china all at once (as opposed to in courses).
When I booked a PE flight, I was shown an inactive link to choose meals, with the message that I will be able to choose 30 days before the flight. That's a pretty good sign!
Old May 22, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by snic
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...m#post29581996

I think I read somewhere that PE meals are a subset of the J meals, served on china all at once (as opposed to in courses).
When I booked a PE flight, I was shown an inactive link to choose meals, with the message that I will be able to choose 30 days before the flight. That's a pretty good sign!
I hope AA changes some of the meal service in PE, to serve the App and Salad first, then the entree and bread, since the tray is too small for all items.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Originally Posted by slurball
I have the exact same Dinner menu for my upcoming DFW-HKG flight in June. It was either the Ravioli or Beef Filet for me and I have pre-ordered the Beef Filet. I would choose the Green Curry only if it was Duck (had it on the same route last year and actually enjoyed it). I've never had AA's Beef Filet because of all the complaints on FT but am willing to give it a try. Beef ribs on AA, however are absolutely delicious!

A few people have had complaints about Duck dishes on J, but I've had it a few times on both AA and CX flights and actually enjoyed it.

Hope there are some feedback out there for our Dinner Menu, it is probably one of the worst menu AA has ever had.
Agreed -not a very good entree selection... I had the Thai Green Curry Chicken on my outbound last time and it was OK, but the Black Angus Beef Filet on my return was cooked until it gave up.

Based on other reviews I'll have to skip the Salmon, and the Beef Filet seems hit or miss -unless anyone's had success by requesting rare or asking that it be under-cooked so the meat actually has some pink in the middle.

So I'll probably go with the curry again, and try the Chickpea Masala.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:51 pm

So after a few Google searches, I was able to find out that our menu was almost identical to a menu in 2016.

Also, Boardingarea did a review on our menu just last week. The Beef looked very dry and had no red peppers despite the mention on the menu. I might switch my meal to the lobster ravioli or gnocchi instead.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:18 pm

Will be on AA56 MIA-LHR next month.

Any suggestions on these options?

Braised Short Ribs brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce
Herb-crusted Snapper cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions
Grilled Ancho Pepper Free-range Chicken parsnip pancakes, gin and orange braised endives
Bulgur and Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom roasted golden beets, crumbled fontina, arrabbiata sauce

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
DFW to HKG in F in june my choices are pork belly, sea bass, cauliflower steak or Thai chicken curry. This is pretty pathetic for F. No beef option. No non-Asian chicken option. Going for great.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by bustraveler
DFW to HKG in F in june my choices are pork belly, sea bass, cauliflower steak or Thai chicken curry. This is pretty pathetic for F. No beef option. No non-Asian chicken option. Going for great.
I love the Sea Bass that AA serves on international flights. Have you ever tried it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.