Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Nah, I was talking about AA. In the "old days", i.e., pmAA, they used sundae goblets on all transcons (even non-premium ones like RDU-LAX), but they changed the goblets to be tumblers, and I've seen even in International J them using tumblers instead of the goblets. I genuinely thought they had stopped using the goblets altogether.
I think the goblets are still used in transcon/int'l F, whereas the tumblers are used in J. I've received goblets in F on JFK-LHR, for example.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:08 am

AA57 LHR MIA March 2108 .... formatting is probably fubar but ....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
MIA-CDG

AA 62- February 2018
Business Class- Seat 9H (Zodiac seats-Forward facing) <- I don't like those seats
MIA-CDG
Boeing 777-200ER

Menu

First drink and warm nuts

Salad and Small Plate- The small plate didn't match what was on the menu.

Main Plate- Grilled Herb Chicken

Dessert- Ice Cream Heath Bar

Arrival- Fruit Plate
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:21 pm

Thanks to everyone in this thread, you are the real MVP's! If I remember, I'll do the same when I fly HKG--->LAX in a couple of weeks. ^
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
LHR to JFK, First class - end March 2018
Asian-style Beef Cheeks Asian-style Beef Cheeks, soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice Braised Chicken Breast Braised Chicken Breast, red wine sauce, truffled spelt Seared Sea Bream Seared Sea Bream, salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes
Gnocchi Primavera Gnocchi Primavera, nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables

Can't say I am overly impressed with the choices but think I will opt for the beef.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
CDG-DFW Business Class

AA 49- February 2018
CDG-DFW
Business Class- Seat 7L (B/E Aerospace) My favorite Business class seat
Boeing 777-200ER

First round of drinks and mixed nuts

Small Plate and Salad

Main Plate- Grilled Angus Striploin

Dessert- Ice Cream with hot fudge

Arrival Meal- Barbecue Beef Cheese Toastie

Menu
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
interesting Delta is upgrading int'l main cabin meals and presentation and AA is going the other direction: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ican-airlines/
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
interesting Delta is upgrading int'l main cabin meals and presentation and AA is going the other direction: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ican-airlines/

Nothing in that article says AA is changing / downgrading the food. Just changing what packaging is used. its the same old low quality stuff it has been.

Less trash is good, if you ask me.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bse118

Nothing in that article says AA is changing / downgrading the food. Just changing what packaging is used. its the same old low quality stuff it has been.

Less trash is good, if you ask me.
This is the AA forum, everything has to be a MASSIVE Downgrade compared to DL (even though I saw DL Connection serve a turkey and cheese sandwich on wonder bread in F the other day)

I'm not sure why the reference to bistro bags is relevant either, given that passengers are still served their breakfast bag from a cart, but I guess points bloggers are desperate for content these days.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:43 am

Any recommendations for this DFW-PEK flight and return? (Getting "Split Buttermilk Biscuit Split topped with scrambled eggs and chicken chorizo cream gravy" for the domestic leg!)

DFW-PEK:
  • Cashew Chicken Cashew Chicken
    Offered with ginger garlic sauce, egg fried rice, stir-fried vegetables and baby bok choy
  • Soy Glazed Halibut Soy Glazed Halibut
    With miso sauce, green tea rice, snap peas and baby carrots
  • Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
    With mixed vegetables, wild rice, sautéed spinach and roasted red pepper sauce
  • Peppered Beef Filet Peppered Beef Filet
    With thyme jus, truffled mac and cheese and haricots verts

And PEK-DFW:
  • Grilled Beef Filet
    With rosemary thyme sauce, creamy polenta and broccoli
  • Stir-fried Prawns
    Served with prawn roe, E-Fu noodles, snap peas and carrots
  • Roasted Duck Breast
    With barbecue sauce, steamed rice and broccolini
  • Spinach Gnocchi
    With chunky tomato sauce, bocconcini, pesto and fresh grated Parmesan
My husband and I are both travelling so I figured we'd get two different meals just to reduce the odds that we both get something gross! Was leaning toward Halibut and chicken, and then beef and duck?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
AA 27 LAX-HND (787-9) in J lunch

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli
Topped with smoked Gouda crème

Braised Short Ribs
brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce

Herb-crusted Snapper
cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions

Traditional Japanese Meal
Dainomono: simmered beef and vegetables, grilled lobster with egg yolk
Above is what is shown on pre-order.

Back in Dec. on drinks only flight out of LAX in F, due to catering drinks served in plastic cups and no snack basket or package of pretzels or peanuts. No limes or lemons, either. Back in Jan. 737 dinner flight out of LAX, catering loaded meals with one extra cart, a cart was nowhere to be stored in galley sitting in aisle. Meal catered was different from offered on pre-order.

Hope catering issues have finally resolved at LAX, have not seen complaint posted about LAX catering at FT lately. Will report back if still problem with catering at LAX.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Above is what is shown on pre-order.
Hope catering issues have finally resolved at LAX, have not seen complaint posted about LAX catering at FT lately. Will report back if still problem with catering at LAX.
FWIW, I have a LAX-JFK next week in J and no pre-order is available. Very disappointing that this is still occurring.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
FWIW, I have a LAX-JFK next week in J and no pre-order is available. Very disappointing that this is still occurring.
Same here. I sent them a message on twitter and they had me call into reservations who said they had no idea what I was talking about.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
LHR-MIA in early April. Has anybody tried any of these options?

Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by gordon0808
LHR-MIA in early April. Has anybody tried any of these options?

The guinea hen is passable, but the fennel was like chewing leather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.