Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA108 LAX-LHR 2/2 J
Had the tamarind ginger beef filet. It was adequate -- I still like the rice that comes with it. As with Passmethesickbag's post, there were some off-menu substitutions: the roulade had been replaced with cheese and melon and the salad was strange.

AA109 LHR-LAX 2/5 J
I should have paid more attention to justforfun's post, but, no, I ordered the pork chop. It was vile -- mostly fat, overcooked, and with an unappetizing smell. It was easily the worst thing I've had on AA other than the catering ex-SCL (which may have improved since I was last there two years ago). The salad was good. Contrary to some other reports, I actually liked the late-flight beef cheese toastie.

Crews on each flight were great.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
GRU-DFW First Class

AA 962- January 2018
First Class- Seat 1D
GRU-DFW
Boeing 777-300ER

Menu

Mixed Nuts and drink

Small Plate- Herb-Roasted Baby Carrots
Skipped the soup because I realized it was going to be too much food.

Seasonal Greens

Beef Filet Surf and Turf

Ice Cream Sundae with hot fudge

Arrival- Fruit Plate

Absolutely loved all the extra bedding by Casper
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by kr777
AA 962- January 2018
First Class- Seat 1D
GRU-DFW
Boeing 777-300ER

Menu

Mixed Nuts and drink

Small Plate- Herb-Roasted Baby Carrots
Skipped the soup because I realized it was going to be too much food.

Seasonal Greens

Beef Filet Surf and Turf

Ice Cream Sundae with hot fudge

Arrival- Fruit Plate

Absolutely loved all the extra bedding by Casper
That looks really good! How did it smell and taste? Looks plentiful, and I'm thrilled to see the sundae goblet still around. I thought AA did away with it.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
LAX - NRT 1/31 AA 169Looks like they contracted JAL to cater any recs?
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Its a step up, but most reports I have read have stated that the JAL meals EX US aren't as good as the ones out of Japan.
I had the same meal on AA153 ORD-NRT a few weeks ago. Easily the best AA meal I've had in a couple years.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:35 pm

We’re flying LAX to MEL via SYD on March 7th. Says meal selection is available within 30 days but there’s nothing to select. I called and the rep tried to help but also couldn’t book it. Then she put me on hold for about 20 mins and when she came back I was given the dreaded answer, “ I have consulted with our dining department and they have no information about meals on this flight and don’t expect you to be able to preorder at any point before boarding.” In reading above I see this is an ongoing issue. Does the catering issue mean we’ll actually receive no meals on this 15ish hour flight or is it that there’s no preordering? Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
That looks really good! How did it smell and taste? Looks plentiful, and I'm thrilled to see the sundae goblet still around. I thought AA did away with it.
NO that was UA, who continues to use a paper bowl for their sundae's.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by goodml
We’re flying LAX to MEL via SYD on March 7th. Says meal selection is available within 30 days but there’s nothing to select. I called and the rep tried to help but also couldn’t book it. Then she put me on hold for about 20 mins and when she came back I was given the dreaded answer, “ I have consulted with our dining department and they have no information about meals on this flight and don’t expect you to be able to preorder at any point before boarding.” In reading above I see this is an ongoing issue. Does the catering issue mean we’ll actually receive no meals on this 15ish hour flight or is it that there’s no preordering? Thank you.
You'll get meals - all the transpac routes are now back to full service. The issue is that they are using different caterers for different flights (ie Japan flights use JAL catering), etc so they've disabled preordering

You will get several entree choices for the first meal and the standard should be back to normal, just no pre-ordering. Still will have hot snacks between meals on that route, snack bar set up, PJs / casper bedding, and light meal before landing
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
NO that was UA, who continues to use a paper bowl for their sundae's.
Nah, I was talking about AA. In the "old days", i.e., pmAA, they used sundae goblets on all transcons (even non-premium ones like RDU-LAX), but they changed the goblets to be tumblers, and I've seen even in International J them using tumblers instead of the goblets. I genuinely thought they had stopped using the goblets altogether.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Am I the only one consistently disappointed with the hot breakfast offering in J on the HKG routes? The scoop of scrambled "eggs", a few thin slices of ham and a some potato wedges IMO is just terrible. They've done pretty well with domestic first breakfasts recently, I would love to see some of those cycle through the long-haul HKG flights instead. Maybe there are issues with keeping some of those items ready to serve for 15+ hours.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by logicalrealist

AA109 LHR-LAX 2/5 J
I should have paid more attention to justforfun's post, but, no, I ordered the pork chop. It was vile -- mostly fat, overcooked, and with an unappetizing smell. It was easily the worst thing I've had on AA other than the catering ex-SCL (which may have improved since I was last there two years ago). The salad was good. Contrary to some other reports, I actually liked the late-flight beef cheese toastie.
What were the other options? preorder - or on the menu, if different?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by asf-07
Am I the only one consistently disappointed with the hot breakfast offering in J on the HKG routes? The scoop of scrambled "eggs", a few thin slices of ham and a some potato wedges IMO is just terrible. They've done pretty well with domestic first breakfasts recently, I would love to see some of those cycle through the long-haul HKG flights instead. Maybe there are issues with keeping some of those items ready to serve for 15+ hours.
I would agree that breakfast was mediocre on a recent HKG-LAX flight, with ketchup generously used to salvage the eggs and potatoes. Remember, between the two main meals, there are "hot bites" offered, and the beef sliders were actually good.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by lds89
You'll get meals - all the transpac routes are now back to full service. The issue is that they are using different caterers for different flights (ie Japan flights use JAL catering), etc so they've disabled preordering

You will get several entree choices for the first meal and the standard should be back to normal, just no pre-ordering. Still will have hot snacks between meals on that route, snack bar set up, PJs / casper bedding, and light meal before landing
Thats great thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by work2fly
Dinner (JFK to ZRH) - mid Feb.
  • Braised Short Ribs brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce
  • Herb-crusted Snapper cauliflower pure, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions
  • Buffalo Skillet Chicken jalapeo cheddar corn cakes, Gorgonzola, golden beet and carrot slaw
  • Bulgur and Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom roasted golden beets, crumbled fontina, arrabbiata sauce
The last two appear to be new?
Anyone got suggestions for these? Haven't seen the last two reviewed.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
For AA79 LHR-DFW in J next weekI'm between the chicken and the lamb. Anyone with knowledge of either, or should I just go for the muslim meal selection and get a decent chicken curry?
  • Corn-fed Chicken Breast Corn-fed Chicken Breast porcini and red wine reduction, polenta galettinis, truffled savoy cabbage
  • Roasted New Zealand Lamb Roasted New Zealand Lamb pesto alla genovese, squash pure
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

JFK-ZRH menu

I had the buffalo chicken. It was a fried boneless chicken breast with a panko type coating placed on top of a bit of buffalo sauce. The corn cake was a heavy corn muffin and the slaw had either red cabbage or red beets. It was substantial and pretty good considering it sat in a 767 oven for 30 extra minutes while we deiced.

Last edited by work2fly; Feb 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.