Wiki Posts
Search

Cocktails on a domestic flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
More ideas here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...-cocktail.html

(Could have sworn this thread started here on the AA forum)
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
On the occasions I do want a drink, the only disappointment is no Worchestetshire sauce for the Bloody Mary
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
They never load more than two slipts of "sparkling wine" on the domestic narrow bodies. That is just not enough.

MO
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MachOne
They never load more than two slipts of "sparkling wine" on the domestic narrow bodies. That is just not enough.

MO
At least it's boarded at all......I can't believe Delta still doesn't even offer sparkling wine on domestic (non JFK-LAX/SFO) flights.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I never ever ever drink. My favorite drink is Moët & Chandon Rosé or any type of champagne. Then all of sweet cocktails with funky colors & mixes mostly based on vodka, with juice and even some rum. I prefer whisky over rum. Like Baileys, not much beer.

I dislike Margaritas, Bloddy Mary, Tequila or a cocktail that is not sweet. I wonder what can be done with AA champagne's as to mix it with something to make it taste better. Or a drink based on vodka or baileys or juice that can be done in an airplane and is refreshing but on the sweeter side.

I have read some options,but it would be fantastic that people would post photos of their creations, that way (i) a person with no experience mixing drinks in a AA flight can get a better panorama of what i'm going to get if i order a FTer crazy custom drink or if it's somewhat common i'll just Google the one's that i'm not familiar with. I eat with the eyes, i dunno.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:39 pm

Of the ones i have read so far i liked and have tried on the ground are: Mimosa, Cuba libre, screwdriver, orange juice and vodka, cranberry and vodka, baileys and Ginger Ale (have never tried it before mixed with something)

I have never tried Gin in all of my life. I think that might be too strong for me? and not liking it. I never tried Woodford or Glenlivet. I'm female and so not much big of drinker. Where i am from we have a whisky culture, though i rather take champagne than whisky. In my family what they have served is either Moët & Chandon Rosé, Veuve Clicquot or JW Blue Label. We don't have a culture of mixing drinks (most of family are much older than me). And at most Mom will offer Amaretto (not my cup of tea), some Rum and Orange Juice mix, Sambucca and that's how liberal as she would go. My brother usually will keep a stash of Vodka somewhere, but it's not that i've been brought up with a creative beverage culture.

So besides of the higher end whisky and champagne i don't really have tried much.

Can something like a baileys, cranberry, apple juice be done? Would that taste good?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by mvtm
I never ever ever drink. My favorite drink is Moët & Chandon Rosé or any type of champagne. Then all of sweet cocktails with funky colors & mixes mostly based on vodka, with juice and even some rum. I prefer whisky over rum. Like Baileys, not much beer.
Your first sentence is directly incongruous with the rest of your post.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Maybe still in denial?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
I'm sorry but it the truth i never drink. I only do once a year, mostly on Christmas day and NYE. I know it was not the most congruent or coherent way to transition to one idea or the other. Sorry, .. just got carried on with the topic.. i excuse myself!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm sorry but it the truth i never drink. I only do once a year, mostly on Christmas day and NYE.
So, "rarely" would be a more accurate way to frame it.

That said, from drinking once or twice a year you've amassed some pretty strong and comprehensive opinions on which drinks you do and don't like!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I'm sorry but it the truth i never drink. I only do once a year, mostly on Christmas day and NYE. I know it was not the most congruent or coherent way to transition to one idea or the other. Sorry, .. just got carried on with the topic.. i excuse myself!
No worries! I enjoyed reading your posts. Stick with screwdrivers. They taste great and everybody knows how to make them.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Amaretto and Coke Zero
Amaretto and orange juic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.