Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (link).

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:52 pm

Mine is probably gone if the waitlist clears.

Originally Posted by f4free
Hi

I am also giving away my expiring SWU upgrade, same rules as above. I hope somebody can use it on a decent long haul flight.

Let me know by PM if you can use it per the rules above.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by pvgman
2 SWU to give away

I have a SWU or two that expire at the end of the month. PM me if you are interested.

Conditions:

1. You must be a FT member with at least 50 posts

2. You must provide by PM the following details: PNR, full name(s), itinerary, contact info and proof the upgrade is available (EF screenshots or similar);

3. All upgraded flights must depart before 1/31/2018 when the SWU expires;

4. You are responsible for the taxes (if any) in the upgraded cabin;

5. Must be long haul international flight
(JFK-LHR, LAX-TYO yes, SEA-MIA or MIA-BOG no)

Messages that don't comply with the above conditions will be ignored and I'm not going to explain my decisions.

Thanks to above posters
1 SWU left
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:08 am

Have 2 remaining SWUs... same rules as the post above this one... plus, I would prefer to give them away to two different people to avoid monopolization.. so, the first two to PM me will receive one each.

Thanks

Last edited by RamiPow; Jan 23, 2018 at 9:18 am
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM.
I have 2 SWUs available as well. If interested please PM me. Same rule as "pvgman".
schertz likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:21 am

Sorry I have not been able to log-in to help people who messaged me earlier in the year... I still have 4 SWU left, if you know anyone taking an economy long haul (feel free to ask friends or family) in the next week please message me with the required details immediately and I can call AA.
schertz likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I may not post all that much but I research a lot for my travel business. I have never stumbled across this particular wiki until today and I just want to say how much it warms my heart to see this FT tradition. That is all! Have a great week, everyone, whether you are traveling or not!
robofski and DrSE like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I thought I had a family member who was going to use up my last two SWU's, but that fell through, so if anyone wants them, let me know!
DrSE likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by RamiPow
Have 2 remaining SWUs... same rules as the post above this one... plus, I would prefer to give them away to two different people to avoid monopolization.. so, the first two to PM me will receive one each.

Thanks
1 SWU left
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
4 SWU giveaway

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) Last Minute give away with the 4 SWU I'm not going to use before they expire in 1/31/2018.

Conditions:

1. Upgrade must be for Y->J. International sectors will get priority and J->F requests will be ignored;

2. You preferred to be a FT member with at least 50 posts;

3. You must provide by PM the following details: PNR, full name(s), itinerary, contact info and proof the upgrade is available (EF screenshots or similar);

4. All upgraded flights must depart before 1/31/2018 when the SWU expires;

5. You are responsible for the taxes (if any) in the upgraded cabin;

Last edited by lky001; Jan 26, 2018 at 7:19 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Silver
Two free SWU expiring in a week

UPDATE:
I already found takers. I will update again if they don't clear and SWU becomes available again.

-----------------------------

Hi,
I've got two SWU that expires on Jan 31. I have a trip on Feb 4 but AA wasn't willing to extend the deadline so I'm giving these two away.

So the conditions are:
1) The travel has to be completed by Jan 31
2) I would prefer to give this to someone who is traveling internationally (or at least transcon)
3) I would also prefer to give it to a trp where the SWU will clear immediately.

Please PM me if anyone could make a good use of it.

Last edited by jp2002; Jan 25, 2018 at 7:20 am Reason: update
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jp2002
Hi,
I've got two SWU that expires on Jan 31. I have a trip on Feb 4 but AA wasn't willing to extend the deadline so I'm giving these two away.

So the conditions are:
1) The travel has to be completed by Jan 31
2) I would prefer to give this to someone who is traveling internationally (or at least transcon)
3) I would also prefer to give it to a trp where the SWU will clear immediately.

Please PM me if anyone could make a good use of it.
sent you a pm!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I have 3 SWUs left expiring next week! Unlike all these crazy rules people are trying to feel powerful and restrictive, the only rule I have is that there is C space available on the flight. Bottom line, even if you want to fly as short as Los Angeles to Las Vegas, the upgrade is yours if it can be applied immediately. I really don't care who you are or where you are flying. PM me with details and screenshot of upgrade space availability.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
Wish I'd found this thread earlier! Done four round trips in Y UK-US since the first message was posted an upgrade on any one of them would have been a welcome treat, maybe next year :-)

Great idea and nice to see so many people gifting.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have 1 SWU. PM me with your Reservation # and I'll ask AA to apply it. Please check that there is C / SWU availability first.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you wish to participate in this thread, please read the rules in the Wikipost at the top of the page. Failing to adhere to the rules will at least get your posts deleted.

Thank you,

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.