Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enjoyed flying out of Termial 6 @LAX. How to more?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:59 pm
E55
Original Poster

Is there any pattern or strategy to schedule flights that depart out of terminal 6 rather than terminal 4?

Not only was the terminal itself refreshing, getting to it was easier because you can cut through the middle without having to go past TBIT (like when going to terminal 4).
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by E55
Is there any pattern or strategy to schedule flights that depart out of terminal 6 rather than terminal 4?

Not only was the terminal itself refreshing, getting to it was easier because you can cut through the middle without having to go past TBIT (like when going to terminal 4).
Just enter from T6 each time and then take the shuttle at Gate 60 to T4 if necessary. I usually tell my driver to drop me at T6 because it's quicker.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Just enter from T6 each time and then take the shuttle at Gate 60 to T4 if necessary. I usually tell my driver to drop me at T6 because it's quicker.
There's also the tunnel if you fancy a mild exercise.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hiima
There's also the tunnel if you fancy a mild exercise.
Yeah, if I have time, I sometimes even tell my driver to drop me off at T7 and I clear security there and walk all the way to T4 and shower in the admirals club before proceeding to my gate, which is sometimes in TBIT (more exercise!)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Currently, T-6 is more convenient for American Eagle gates (remote gates 60 A-J) and Legacy US flights. ThreeJulietTango states at this time "Mainline LUS flights are identifiable by flight numbers in the 400-899 and 1675-2174 ranges." (Unfortunately that also means LUS narrowbodies with no power or IFE.)

LAA mostly depart T-4 and the four TBIT gates.

They're all connected airside now, other than the Eaglevterminal, which is only accessible via airside shuttle bus.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Is there a Pre Chek lane at T-6 or AC?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pssteve
Is there a Pre Chek lane at T-6 or AC?
Yes there is tsa pre.

No AC. You have to use Alaska's Boardroom lounge which is priority pass or reciprocal to AC membership.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Currently, T-6 is more convenient for American Eagle gates (remote gates 60 A-J) and Legacy US flights. ThreeJulietTango states at this time "Mainline LUS flights are identifiable by flight numbers in the 400-899 and 1675-2174 ranges." (Unfortunately that also means LUS narrowbodies with no power or IFE.)

LAA mostly depart T-4 and the four TBIT gates.

They're all connected airside now, other than the Eaglevterminal, which is only accessible via airside shuttle bus.
As I understand it, the schedule is such that one can no longer rely on LUS flights leaving T6 while LAA flights leave from T4/TBIT. It's all over and integrated now (especially if they park a 763 at Gate 61).
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by JDiver

Not universally correct. 319s are now standardized and have power.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Not universally correct. 319s are now standardized and have power.
Thanks for the reminder. Only 170 remaining Airbii have no power and IFE.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
As I understand it, the schedule is such that one can no longer rely on LUS flights leaving T6 while LAA flights leave from T4/TBIT. It's all over and integrated now (especially if they park a 763 at Gate 61).
Correct. I got burned on a Philly flight that I assumed was out of 6 and almost missed with the walk to 4.

As for the cutover to skip TBIT, I usually take this and then walk curbside back to 4. If you can get out of the car right in front of the Delta ONE entrance it's a very short walk back to the premium/Precheck entrance at T-4.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
It's on the way to overall integration, but overall integration isn't until October iirc. In theory, the IOC, crew and fleet should be done then, but I'm not sure if the current disputes (East-West-LAA, maintenance, pilots, etc.) will delay implementation or allow it to proceed.

I know one thing: I take little for granted, so FlightBoard and FlightAware are my mobile friends before I head to any gates, etc. T-6, T-4, Eagle and TBIT cover a lot of ground.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:29 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I've taken to requesting T6 dropoffs, even when I'm departing from T4. It's easier to get in and out traffic-wise, and usually the security lines are less onerous. The walk from T6 to T4 takes about 15 minutes, or you can take the shuttle as noted. I also like the restaurants in T6, so will sometimes have a pizza and salad first then walk over.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
Can I check bags at T6 for a T4 flight?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by dll
I've taken to requesting T6 dropoffs, even when I'm departing from T4. It's easier to get in and out traffic-wise, and usually the security lines are less onerous. The walk from T6 to T4 takes about 15 minutes, or you can take the shuttle as noted. I also like the restaurants in T6, so will sometimes have a pizza and salad first then walk over.
Sorry not been flying out of LAX as of late, so even if I have a T4 departure, I can go through T6?

I'd prefer this if I have time, as I can use the lounge there using PP, but can not in T4.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.