Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which seat would you choose: Middle Seat MCE Exit or Standard MC Aisle?
I would take the middle Exit Row seat
21.05%
I would take a Main Cabin aisle seat
78.95%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Middle Exit Row Vs. Standard Aisle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TexasAggie
I was wondering what others thought because I was quite surprised, to be honest.
Yeah, it's really not the end of the world. And last time I got stuck in an aisle seat in the 10-across section on the DFW-HKG flight, I would've given 100 bucks for a middle in MCE!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
77W, any seat in the 3-3-3 section beats the 3-4-3 section. Most domestic flights, short enough flights, I prefer sitting as far forward as possible. Why? This means I get off the plane faster!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
If you ever have this dilemma on a new 737, mce all the way.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage - PLT Pro, United Premier PLT, HHonors - Diamond, National - Ex. Elite
Put me down as having middle seat phobia. Will not do it. Period.
Honestly, if a cheap seat in the rear was the only option, I'd simply BS a reason (for employer) that I needed to change my flight time and then book something else with more seat availability.
But, this would hardly every happen to me as I RARELY book last minute and I am ridiculously anal about choosing my seat as soon as my reservation is in the system.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage - PLT Pro, United Premier PLT, HHonors - Diamond, National - Ex. Elite
Originally Posted by gizmo78
As the guy in the aisle exit row seat, if you take the middle I will hate you. Sorry.
Folks grabbing the middle don't bother me. They've got to sit somewhere and for whatever reason they were screwed on that particular flight. (I'm hardcore "aisle or nothing.")

What does infuriate me, is when that middle seat person should have bought two tickets but did not, and thinks their overlap is going to take some of my real estate. That is when problems start.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Aisle
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
After avoiding middle seats like the plague, I gambled and took the MCE bulkhead exit, 10B, on a 321 today. 4 hour flight. It was that, the real economy middle seats, or one aisle seat WAY in the back. I figured I'd regret it.

Actually it was surprisingly pleasant for the reasons mentioned. I had room to work on my laptop, stretch out my legs, and get up when I wanted. It was not bad at all.

I still wouldn't choose it over any aisle or even window MCE, but as an alternative to a cramped back of the plane aisle seat? Yeah... It's not so bad.

I was wondering what others thought because I was quite surprised, to be honest.
I was about to say that 10B (LUS) or 11B (LAA) on the A321 is just about the only time I would choose the middle seat over the aisle, but I would probably also choose the wider MCE seat on the 777 as well.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Aisle.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Avoid the Butt Sizer

If it's a 738 with the new seats, I would suggest an aisle. The exit row seats are "butt sizers" (picture the carry-on baggage sizer applied to a seat) due to the tray tables being in the arm rest.

MO
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
What about exit row window on the 739 vs. E- aisle? Same answers as above? Thoughts?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Middle. The 2 hour flight with legroom feels WAAAAY shorter then the 15 minutes it takes to deboard from the back.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Standard aisle for me if I have to choose. I can't get comfortable in middle seat and I have a bladder the size of a golf ball.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Middle exit row and set up a seat alert in EF to grab a non-middle MCE seat when they upgrade the folks who get upgrades these days.

2 weeks ago, I chose a middle non-MCE seat on an A320 over an exit aisle on a 319 as my meeting ended early, so I stood by for an earlier flight home. I survived the trip and got home 4 hours earlier than planned. I forgot how much wider the A320 seats seem to me than the 737s!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
If you had to take a flight where your only choice was between an MCE exit row MIDDLE SEAT with substantial leg room (no cost bc of status), vs an aisle seat way back near the galley, what would you choose?
Someone who has long legs, but a relatively narrow build, would be happier an exit row middle seat. Because exit row seats usually have their tray tables in the armrest, they are narrower that other seats. But the legroom is great.

Someone who has shorter legs, and who is perhaps a bit wider, would probably still be happier in an non-MCE aisle seat.
Segments likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
In that scenario, I’d take the middle exit row seat over an aisle seat in the rear galley area. If the aisle seat was in the front or middle of the aircraft, I’d select that instead of the middle exit row seat. I don’t like sitting anywhere in the back of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.