Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is there any way I can get CX BP on AA stock at LAX (to get Precheck)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA

Was wondering if something like this is possible so I can get Pre-check at TBIT?

The flight is on CX -- award purchased w/ AA miles.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Was wondering if something like this is possible so I can get Pre-check at TBIT?

Thanks in advance!
Unlikely, especially if it's CX-marketed (and then I suspect Pre-Check wouldn't appear).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Don't recall seeing a Pre Check lane at TBIT. Must go thru AA Term 4.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EP
If aa prints the Bp it will
Prob say pre check on it. But when u go through pre it will give 3 beeps and a red light.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
If aa prints the Bp it will
Prob say pre check on it. But when u go through pre it will give 3 beeps and a red light.
But if the OP is originating at LAX (which it appears so from his location), then all his airport interactions will be with CX not AA. He won't have an opportunity for AA to print him a BP.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
But if the OP is originating at LAX (which it appears so from his location), then all his airport interactions will be with CX not AA. He won't have an opportunity for AA to print him a BP.
He could go to the AA counter and ask.
But if there are no AA segments on the booking, I can't imagine AA will be able to do anything.
And I agree that, since CX is not a participant in PreCheck, there's no way the TSA will let the OP through that lane.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
He could go to the AA counter and ask.
But if there are no AA segments on the booking, I can't imagine AA will be able to do anything.
And I agree that, since CX is not a participant in PreCheck, there's no way the TSA will let the OP through that lane.
How about access to the Priority line in T-4? I haven't departed out of TBIT in quite some time, but do recall a long wait on my last fight thru TBIT.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brodielayne
How about access to the Priority line in T-4? I haven't departed out of TBIT in quite some time, but do recall a long wait on my last fight thru TBIT.
Well, that would only be granted based on flying in a premium cabin or having Oneworld elite status, and I don't think it's clear whether either is relevant for the OP. But I would think even a CX boarding pass showing Business/First or OneWorld status would let you into the PriorityAAcess line -- although I doubt one would save much/any time walking from CX check-in at TBIT over to T4 security and back over to TBIT.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I think night time at TBIT are the worst so I'm going to try to get there a little bit early. Hopefully there is a priority lane open for security (because last time I saw the signage but it wasn't open).

Unfortunately no domestic segment on AA so will just have to suck it up without Precheck... sigh.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
although I doubt one would save much/any time walking from CX check-in at TBIT over to T4 security and back over to TBIT.
Actually when CX 881/883 departs (red-eye to HKG), TBIT is an absolute nightmare. Took me 45 minutes to clear security a few weeks back and that was on a Thursday, non-holiday weekend. The TBIT setup is awful - the Y lines are faster. Disabled and crew just cut in front of premium pax line and the premium pax line was barely moving.

I've been told by CX that people have been stuck in the security line for 2 hours before.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh

Thanks in advance!
CX Does not participate in the Pre Check Program, therefore there is nothing you can do to get Pre-Check to appear on the BP.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
PreCheck is carrier specific. In order for one to get PreCheck the barcode will have a specific value placed in a specific security bit, which CX does not support.

In other words, no PreCheck for CX flights regardless of the stock it is printed on. If you had an inbound AA flight to LAX, that's another story, but would be applicable to that starting airport.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:20 pm

Well, that would only be granted based on flying in a premium cabin or having Oneworld elite status, and I don't think it's clear whether either is relevant for the OP. But I would think even a CX boarding pass showing Business/First or OneWorld status would let you into the PriorityAAcess line -- although I doubt one would save much/any time walking from CX check-in at TBIT over to T4 security and back over to TBIT.
Actually it is.
My records at TBIT are: 1hour for 2pm departure, 1.5hr for midnight departure
Furthermore, I can go straight to OW First lounge on the way from T4 to TBIT :-:
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
+1 for using T4 security if the TBIT lines are awful. It only adds a few minutes of walking and the new connector drops you right at the door for the OW F lounge. Especially the late-night flights when T4 is far, far quieter.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
buy a cheap refundable ticket on UA or DL and use that for precheck and cancel once through. I would avoid AA due to it being in the same alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.