Wiki Posts
Search

When can and can't you deplane?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Adam, again: stop the trolling.

Read my post #1. All I asked was a specific question in the last full sentence of the post. That has been answered.

Despite your ramblings, and to the contrary of what you claim, I did not ask (1) about complaining, (2) whether or not the FA was in the right or not, (3) anything that would have delayed the flight, particularly as I had a tight connection or (4) anything at all in connection with my identity, elite status, fare paid, etc.

If you would read my posts before trolling, you'd have seen that I specifically stated that the flight was otherwise excellent and I would have given the FA an A&B certificate but for the bag issue.

I have a general self-imposed rule of not responding to people such as you: Internet trolls who simply make up statements and then pick fights on you. I fell down on the job and didn't follow that rule, but I am, going forward, so end of discussion with you.

Everyone else, including people who disagreed with my questions and/or actions, thank you.
I'm glad I was able to start the conversation pointing out your actions were misguided and your post incomplete, even if for some still unknown reason you have a personal problem with me.

I don't know you from Adam and was not looking to "pick a fight.". (indeed, that phrase was first used in this thread to describe YOU). I was merely expressing my opinions based on the statements you presented and nothing else. If you think I misunderstood, you could have pointed out the facts you think I misunderstood. Instead, you continue to call me a troll.

Flyertalk works best when people feel comfortable expressing their true opinions of a situation. I think many of us frequent flyers have been in situations where we think we acted totally appropriately, but a third person would view the situation differently. Pointing that out does not make one a "troll." Ad hominem attacks, however, do.

FT often is a place where people come to bash Flight Attendants for more or less doing their jobs. Sometimes they do them well, sometimes they don't. Good advice as to whether they were doing the right thing or not depends on a full and fair accounting of the facts and something other than knee-jerk reaction to criticism .

It seems my response has hit a nerve with you and I am unsure why, given that its content has been affirmed repeatedly by others here. I can only hope that once you cool down you accept the possibility that maybe I just think you were wrong and had no ulterior motive. While we can certainly disagree on whether it was appropriate to try to deplane to get the bag, for the FA not to allow you to, or whether the facts you omitted from your original post were relevant, only I can speak to my intent in expressing my views on those subjects.

Peace be with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.