Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA or BA Metal Between LAX-LHR (for Business class)

AA or BA Metal Between LAX-LHR (for Business class)

Old May 26, 16, 7:12 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
I actually go out of my way when flying to LHR in business and will drive a rental up to LAX to fly the 77W on AA vs the more direct SAN-LHR on BA metal. By the time I've paid to select decent seats in CW, it's cheaper for the one way rental to LAX and a limo ride on the return. (No way am I driving home after an 11hr flight with glasses of bubbles consumed to pass the time!) The extra comfort of the 77W lay flat more than covers the extra 2hrs each way of travel.
Old May 26, 16, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
i'm not here to say BA CW is better. I'm only saying I was not able to snag AA J saver anywhere gateway city ---> LHR next month so I had to choose BA and not happy about that BS $900 fee. Anyway, it beats coach and I'm sure I'll enjoy my flight.
Old May 27, 16, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Two comments.

First, BA J is clearly superior for its target audience: British ex-public schoolboys, who pine for that classic Fourth Remove dorm feeling.

Second, all the focus is on AA 77W. Should remind you that the AA A330s have basically identical seats.
Old May 27, 16, 10:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Wexflyer View Post
Two comments.

First, BA J is clearly superior for its target audience: British ex-public schoolboys, who pine for that classic Fourth Remove dorm feeling.

Second, all the focus is on AA 77W. Should remind you that the AA A330s have basically identical seats.
Yes, this is undoubtedly why. ROFL! (Old QF First on the 747 kind of reminded me of an open dorm, as well.)

Of course, AA doesn't fly the A330 LAX-LHR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: