Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to check in online (merged posts)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Unable to check in? AA today.. AY tomorrow

I'm on a AA flight today, with a 22 hour layover in JFK. Tomorrow I'm on AY flight.. Under the same AA record itinerary number.

For whatever reason, I can't check in on line. I'm sure it has to do with the layover and other carrier, but I'm not too sure?

I never had this issue before which is why I'm concerned. I called ExP desk and the ticket is fine.

Is this common now? Really bad AA IT?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 9, 2018 at 1:41 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Well there was a schedule change. When AA reissued the ticket, they thing never ticketed I guess. Weird.

Anyway it's resolved. Aagent made a quick phone call to ticketing department to fix.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:35 am
Original Poster

What's interesting about this ticket is that I did have the ticket reissued the other day. Apparently they didn't issue it all the way. Oh well. The phone call took two seconds and then it was fully reissued. Weird.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I had the ticket reissued (no email yet, but the Ticketed date says 2/10), but it is still not allowing check-in for an AA/BA flight. Doesn't even get the entering-validation-data part. Just craps out right at the beginning. Again.

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Same thing with me. You need to speak with ticketing or just go to terminal and do it there.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by surftb15
Same thing with me. You need to speak with ticketing or just go to terminal and do it there.
Trying to avoid doing it at the terminal because I want to know today that we have Pre-Check

Ticketing said they did it, but web services said it still wasn't showing.

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

I'm really curious how that disconnect occurs. Mine showed ticket issued but never was. I wonder where and why this problem exists.. Especially in 2016!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:24 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by surftb15
I'm really curious how that disconnect occurs. Mine showed ticket issued but never was. I wonder where and why this problem exists.. Especially in 2016!
It gets better. The iPhone App let me get to the passport validation. I did have a typo the first time, but tried two more times, and was absolutely sure of no errors. Triple-checked before hitting Finish.

Still said mismatch. No one could tell me why.

When I spoke to web services the guy actually told me that, yes, there are 3 tries, but if you make a mistake the first time, it won't let you check in online. He couldn't quite explain why I got two more tries, though..

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried logging out of your account and then logging back in to try OLCI again? That *might* give you another attempt. Or you could even try getting them to (apparently needlessly) reissue the ticket once again since doing so tends to fix a number of miscellaneous check in problems.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:11 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried logging out of your account and then logging back in to try OLCI again? That *might* give you another attempt. Or you could even try getting them to (apparently needlessly) reissue the ticket once again since doing so tends to fix a number of miscellaneous check in problems.
Interestingly, mrs. brp tried on her iPhone app and it did not provide the mismatch error. However, it finished with "agent intervention required," probably because I'd tried 3 times first. Morale of the story- wait to try on more than one App before using up all three chances.

Ah well, the wait at SFO at noon should be short tomorrow

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Well as an update, everything went OK once I spoke to agent at LAX. No problems on any other flights. AY flight was smooth, and the food was so much better then the AA stuff.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:01 pm

Unable to check in online with ESTA

Hi ESTA holder here flying between US and Canada. I have not been able to check in online for a few years now because I have to check in with a ground agent (not even kiosk), and that puts me in group 4 boarding. I understand they need to manually verify my ESTA document (as I was told), but that means I have no choice to board the last every single time. I find that very unfair. WestJet lets me check in online and pick up the boarding pass at airport and they don't put me in the last boarding group. Is there a way to put in my ESTA number when I book an AA flight? I just hate late boarding with zero overhead storage, it's almost like AA is punishing me for using ESTA.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Do you have your passport data added to your AAdvantage profile? If not, do that.
And get a KTN (Known Traveller Number) through one of the US 'trusted traveler' programs (Global Entry or NEXUS) and add that to your AAdvantage profile.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Serg_2012
Hi ESTA holder here flying between US and Canada. I have not been able to check in online for a few years now because I have to check in with a ground agent (not even kiosk), and that puts me in group 4 boarding. I understand they need to manually verify my ESTA document (as I was told), but that means I have no choice to board the last every single time. I find that very unfair. WestJet lets me check in online and pick up the boarding pass at airport and they don't put me in the last boarding group. Is there a way to put in my ESTA number when I book an AA flight? I just hate late boarding with zero overhead storage, it's almost like AA is punishing me for using ESTA.
I'm pretty sure your group number is determined by the location of your seat and not the order of check in or where you check in. This is of course after F, J and elites...
Old May 19, 2016, 12:50 am

Unfortunately I do not have nexus global entry or any of the trusted programs. ESTA is all I have. I may be Eligible for global entry in a few months.

About the group assignment, I think I asked that questions a few months back and someone mentioned that AA had concluded that random assignment was the fastest way to board. Online check in is group 2, airport kiosk is group 3, airport agent is group 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.