Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Suzanne Rubin to resign as head of AAdvantage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suzanne Rubin to resign as head of AAdvantage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Without question this is, IMVHO, presently; an extremely mediocre airline and the recent changes to AAdvantage, when taken as a whole, give one not a reason in the world to pick AA/AAdv over any of the available options. And, no, no reason to see/pray for any "light at the the end of the tunnel" in either regard.

However, still personally find the new position of Kurt Stache very surprising and encouraging. Even if that seems like a massive self-contradiction.
If enough people defect from AAdvantage to become free agents, it may cut down on the "why didn't I get my promised upgrade at 100 hours!!?!!?" To me, that's a light at the end of the tunnel...
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Without question this is, IMVHO, presently; an extremely mediocre airline and the recent changes to AAdvantage, when taken as a whole, give one not a reason in the world to pick AA/AAdv over any of the available options. And, no, no reason to see/pray for any "light at the the end of the tunnel" in either regard.

However, still personally find the new position of Kurt Stache very surprising and encouraging. Even if that seems like a massive self-contradiction.
I'm all for ROI and analytics. But, yes, mediocre.

And can't help but how they have factored in dissatisfaction from loyal customers who can travel other airlines or use travel money in other ways (guns vs. butter). For example, I have no status on DL. Last week, I flew a particular route on DL. I earned 1100 skypesos and shelled out $49 for the Comfort+ upgrade. This week, I am flying the same route on AA where I am EXP. I earn 1100 AArubles and am flying on US metal without MCE. (Yes, the fare has dropped). Before August 1, I would have earned 4000 Aadvantage miles. The routing on DL is much better and saves me a fair amount of time. The only reason I am flying AA is the ingrained loyalty but applying my analytics, it doesn't make much sense.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by captaink
If enough people defect from AAdvantage to become free agents, it may cut down on the "why didn't I get my promised upgrade at 100 hours!!?!!?" To me, that's a light at the end of the tunnel...
Once people give up on chasing status on AA, there will be fewer elites, which will then increase the availability of non-elite LFBUs, which will be gobbled up by those who lost satatus, so you still may not get your upgrade at T-100.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Much easier to do if you're flying premium rather than a kettle - unless VX or WN work for you.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by sukn
Once people give up on chasing status on AA, there will be fewer elites, which will then increase the availability of non-elite LFBUs, which will be gobbled up by those who lost satatus, so you still may not get your upgrade at T-100.
TODs! Yeah bybie! (in Austin Powers voice)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sukn
Once people give up on chasing status on AA, there will be fewer elites, which will then increase the availability of non-elite LFBUs, which will be gobbled up by those who lost status, so you still may not get your upgrade at T-100.
I don't believe we've seen any evidence that indicates that LFBUs are being *cleared* ahead of Elite sticker upgrades to the detriment of those on the list (at least in non-IROPS situations), but that could change, I guess.

I've never "expected" or felt that I was entitled an upgrade and my percentage is decent for a GLD, so I'm not going to worry too much about former EXPs who griped about the food and the PDBs paying out of their own wallet to subject themselves to "revolting" food and "terrible" service.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EP
While it seems that a new level has been Inserted with Kurth Stache, I personally find it more interesting that he will have responsibility for marketing and that, I guess, the VPs of marketing will report to him vs directly to the CMO.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
While it seems that a new level has been Inserted with Kurth Stache, I personally find it more interesting that he will have responsibility for marketing and that, I guess, the VPs of marketing will report to him vs directly to the CMO.
Yeah, have been trying to decipher that a bit.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I've become a free agent. I just take the best routing possible (not always the lowest price) and go. Now jointly hold status on AA and UA and both are totally mediocre in how they reward me for the same. Best benefit is extra legroom seats as upgrades are relatively infrequent.

Game ain't the same. And the three airlines (as pointed out today in the wsj) are really quite similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.