Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you travel between North America and Europe beginning May 9, 2016.

NOTE: It has been confirmed that flights booked prior to May 9 do qualify for this bonus. Two round trips maximum, signup prior to flight required. AA Vacations booked flights qualify. Miles post incrementally (first batch after outbound is completed.)

Together with our oneworld® partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, we're offering you more than 100 flights per day – including the most daily flights between New York (JFK) and London (LHR). Plus, when you travel on our new planes to select destinations, you'll enjoy increased amenities, smoother connections and ultimate comfort throughout your entire trip.

Participating airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, or OpenSkies

Award: Bonus miles

Round Trips (up to 2)

For each round trip:
25,000 Bonus Miles Earned for First or Business Class Fares
15,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Premium Economy or Select Full Fare Economy
2,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Other Economy Fares
Maximum to 50,000 bonus (award) miles / two round trips

For every eligible round-trip you take during the offer period, you'll earn bonus miles based on the fare class purchased.* With several airlines participating in this promotion, you'll have even more opportunities to earn bonus miles.

Simply register prior to travel using promotion code NAS16, purchase a qualifying First Class, Business Class or select Main Cabin fare ticket* and complete travel by July 31, 2016.

Offer dates: May 9, 2016 through July 31, 2016

Promotion code: NAS16

You must register prior to travel.

Register now

Together offering you more across the Atlantic:

American, along with our partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, are offering you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond. Enjoy convenient access to more destinations, smoother connections and enhanced amenities and comfort on our newly modernized aircraft. And we're providing even more opportunities to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and access to more airport lounges worldwide for eligible customers.

Learn more Opens in a new window
*Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S on American Airlines marketed flights; First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I; World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) booked in W, E or T; Full-fare World Traveller (full-fare Economy) booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on British Airways marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, A, K, L, M, P, V, G, N, O, Q, R, S, T, W or Z on Finnair marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, W, Z, A, G, N, O, P, Q, S or E on Iberia marketed flights. Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on OpenSkies operated as British Airways flights.
Print Wikipost

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
NAS16 - does it apply EU to s. america?

Maybe someone has direct knowledge. the terms are no longer on AA web, and wiki I think has abbreviated terms. i think it means NA - Europe (either way). I pre registered and received 12.5k sfo-gva but mad-gru didn't receive the bonus, but IB business miles posted to my AA account. I think transatlantic was defined to exclude transatlantic/transoceanic to SA, but I am not sure. anyone with experience? Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cvg-aa
Maybe someone has direct knowledge. the terms are no longer on AA web, and wiki I think has abbreviated terms. i think it means NA - Europe (either way). I pre registered and received 12.5k sfo-gva but mad-gru didn't receive the bonus, but IB business miles posted to my AA account. I think transatlantic was defined to exclude transatlantic/transoceanic to SA, but I am not sure. anyone with experience? Thanks.
Yes NA=North America to Europe
Full details are on the wiki on this thread

Terms & Conditions:
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair or Iberia, marketed or operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and U.K. or Europe, May 9, 2016 through July 31, 2016. Flights operated and/or marketed by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on eligible published-fare tickets on or after May 9, 2016. Bonus miles will be calculated and awarded based on the number of trips flown in a specific booking class. The bonus can only be earned for a maximum of two round-trips. Half the round-trip bonus will be posted after each eligible one way segment. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status. Registration prior to travel is required using Promotion Code NAS16 at www.aa.com/offers
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Here is the AA page you seek.

Yeah, searching for NAS16 on aa.com does not work. And the link you get by Googling with "site:aa.com" didn't work either. But! The Google-provided link had a probably-ephemeral jsessionid tacked on the end. Strip that off to produce a cleaner link and voila!

As far as I can see, all the language says flights "between", not flights "from" one "to" the other.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Aug 8, 2016 at 2:32 pm Reason: Made the link more obvious
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I got my 50k on a BA TATL flight mid-July! Great last minute bonus before the new revenue-based mileage went into effect.

Maybe someone has direct knowledge. the terms are no longer on AA web, and wiki I think has abbreviated terms.
I see you got your answer, but I had a feeling AA would remove the page (or at least make it hard to find), so something I did was print the offer to a PDF. Just a tip if you ever sign up for any promo in the future. You can't predict what any web team will do. Hope this helps!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I didn't know about the option to credit BA flights to AA, I wonder if they can reverse my recent AVIOS activity.
I contacted BA and requested Avios earnings be reversed for my recent LAX-FCO flight in business class and they did!

I then submitted a missing miles claim to AA and not only I got my base miles and EQMs I also got the NAS16 bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.