Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Old May 10, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you travel between North America and Europe beginning May 9, 2016.

NOTE: It has been confirmed that flights booked prior to May 9 do qualify for this bonus. Two round trips maximum, signup prior to flight required. AA Vacations booked flights qualify. Miles post incrementally (first batch after outbound is completed.)

Together with our oneworld® partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, we're offering you more than 100 flights per day – including the most daily flights between New York (JFK) and London (LHR). Plus, when you travel on our new planes to select destinations, you'll enjoy increased amenities, smoother connections and ultimate comfort throughout your entire trip.

Participating airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, or OpenSkies

Award: Bonus miles

Round Trips (up to 2)

For each round trip:
25,000 Bonus Miles Earned for First or Business Class Fares
15,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Premium Economy or Select Full Fare Economy
2,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Other Economy Fares
Maximum to 50,000 bonus (award) miles / two round trips

For every eligible round-trip you take during the offer period, you'll earn bonus miles based on the fare class purchased.* With several airlines participating in this promotion, you'll have even more opportunities to earn bonus miles.

Simply register prior to travel using promotion code NAS16, purchase a qualifying First Class, Business Class or select Main Cabin fare ticket* and complete travel by July 31, 2016.

Offer dates: May 9, 2016 through July 31, 2016

Promotion code: NAS16

You must register prior to travel.

Register now

Together offering you more across the Atlantic:

American, along with our partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, are offering you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond. Enjoy convenient access to more destinations, smoother connections and enhanced amenities and comfort on our newly modernized aircraft. And we're providing even more opportunities to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and access to more airport lounges worldwide for eligible customers.

Learn more Opens in a new window
*Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S on American Airlines marketed flights; First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I; World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) booked in W, E or T; Full-fare World Traveller (full-fare Economy) booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on British Airways marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, A, K, L, M, P, V, G, N, O, Q, R, S, T, W or Z on Finnair marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, W, Z, A, G, N, O, P, Q, S or E on Iberia marketed flights. Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on OpenSkies operated as British Airways flights.
Print Wikipost

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Old May 16, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Just to report , 12500 miles posted 2 days after my first leg from SFO-> LHR business purchased last year during the super deal.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
I didn't see this answered in the thread. But are packages booked through AAVacations eligible for this promotion?
Old May 19, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Got miles posted shortly after the BA flight credited (2 days after travel). Nice promo and I was actually surprised I got them as my flight was booked mid-April with outbound May 7th, return May 13th. Only got 12.5K for the return though but as I thought it required R/T and my outbound was before the start I was expecting nothing so complaints here at all!
Old May 24, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Would EU-US segment for DEL-HEL-ORD trip be eligible for the bonus?
Old May 24, 2016, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Would EU-US segment for DEL-HEL-ORD trip be eligible for the bonus?
Should be for 12,500.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by chiefkays
I didn't see this answered in the thread. But are packages booked through AAVacations eligible for this promotion?
I just flew on a package booked through AAVacation and received the bonus.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jordyn
Thank you for verifying that. ^
Old May 26, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thank you for verifying that. ^
Originally Posted by jordyn
Yes, thanks for posting jordyn!

Last edited by JDiver; May 26, 2016 at 1:07 pm Reason: Corrected for credit due
Old May 26, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
BA, IB, and AY have launched their own garbage versions of this promo. The BA one as expected and as always is complete garbage and unusable for most people. The IB and AY ones is unclear if they can be used, but I am not very hopeful, for any surplus trips we have above the first two trips. If anyone can figure those two out as helpful, please let us know. Here is the main link for the BA one, which also links to the other two.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/05/26/b...-july-31-2016/

In short, the BA one is for new bookings only, flights that originate from NA only, and only for NA accounts. The IB one appears to be targeted, and the AY one appears useable but I don't know if I should care enough. I am probably better off adding to my AA eqms going for two additional SWUs.

Last edited by nk15; May 26, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
What should a premium economy fare (BA metal, AA code) booked in W class earn?
Old May 27, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by poncherelli
What should a premium economy fare (BA metal, AA code) booked in W class earn?
Wrong thread. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2016-a.html, which includes the proper links, such as to earning AAdvanta miles flying BA on aa.com.

But - if you are flying any AA marketed flight, regardless of operating airline, you earn as if you were flying on AA. See the thread linked to in this post.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:22 am

Wrong thread. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2016-a.html, which includes the proper links, such as to earning AAdvanta miles flying BA on aa.com.

But - if you are flying any AA marketed flight, regardless of operating airline, you earn as if you were flying on AA. See the thread linked to in this post.
My question pertains to this particular offer (NAS16).

Premium economy is meant to earn 15,000 bonus miles RT, while economy is only 2,000. However, the flight I'm looking at is purchased through AA.com as an AA W fare, a WT+ seat on BA metal. It seems as if that will only earn 2,000 bonus miles based on the T&Cs (W fare class on AA), even though it's a premium economy seat. I just want to confirm.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by poncherelli
My question pertains to this particular offer (NAS16).

Premium economy is meant to earn 15,000 bonus miles RT, while economy is only 2,000. However, the flight I'm looking at is purchased through AA.com as an AA W fare, a WT+ seat on BA metal. It seems as if that will only earn 2,000 bonus miles based on the T&Cs (W fare class on AA), even though it's a premium economy seat. I just want to confirm.
You earn as if flying AA, so AA fare class earning applies. From the terms and conditions it appears you will earn 15,000 miles.

"Bonus Miles Earned for Premium Economy or Select Full Fare Economy" = 15,000
Old May 28, 2016, 7:58 am

You earn as if flying AA, so AA fare class earning applies. From the terms and conditions it appears you will earn 15,000 miles.

"Bonus Miles Earned for Premium Economy or Select Full Fare Economy" = 15,000
Thanks for the reply. I've already flown and received 2,000 bonus miles for the trip. I submitted an inquiry to customer service and was told the AA coded W fare earned at economy rates, even though it was a premium economy ticket, as per the first line of the T&Cs

"*Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S on American Airlines marketed flights"

This didn't seem right to me, so I wanted to check before I went back again.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:24 pm

Data point: Flew BA in I in end of May/beginning of June RT US-UK. The bonus miles (12500 one way) posted immediately after each leg was taken for a total of 25000 bonus miles for this trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.