Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you travel between North America and Europe beginning May 9, 2016.

NOTE: It has been confirmed that flights booked prior to May 9 do qualify for this bonus. Two round trips maximum, signup prior to flight required. AA Vacations booked flights qualify. Miles post incrementally (first batch after outbound is completed.)

Together with our oneworld® partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, we're offering you more than 100 flights per day – including the most daily flights between New York (JFK) and London (LHR). Plus, when you travel on our new planes to select destinations, you'll enjoy increased amenities, smoother connections and ultimate comfort throughout your entire trip.

Participating airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, or OpenSkies

Award: Bonus miles

Round Trips (up to 2)

For each round trip:
25,000 Bonus Miles Earned for First or Business Class Fares
15,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Premium Economy or Select Full Fare Economy
2,000 Bonus Miles Earned for Other Economy Fares
Maximum to 50,000 bonus (award) miles / two round trips

For every eligible round-trip you take during the offer period, you'll earn bonus miles based on the fare class purchased.* With several airlines participating in this promotion, you'll have even more opportunities to earn bonus miles.

Simply register prior to travel using promotion code NAS16, purchase a qualifying First Class, Business Class or select Main Cabin fare ticket* and complete travel by July 31, 2016.

Offer dates: May 9, 2016 through July 31, 2016

Promotion code: NAS16

You must register prior to travel.

Register now

Together offering you more across the Atlantic:

American, along with our partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, are offering you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond. Enjoy convenient access to more destinations, smoother connections and enhanced amenities and comfort on our newly modernized aircraft. And we're providing even more opportunities to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and access to more airport lounges worldwide for eligible customers.

Learn more Opens in a new window
*Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S on American Airlines marketed flights; First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I; World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) booked in W, E or T; Full-fare World Traveller (full-fare Economy) booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on British Airways marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, A, K, L, M, P, V, G, N, O, Q, R, S, T, W or Z on Finnair marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, W, Z, A, G, N, O, P, Q, S or E on Iberia marketed flights. Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on OpenSkies operated as British Airways flights.
Print Wikipost

Promo NAS16: Bonus miles Europe r/t travel thru 31 Jul 2016; valid all fare classes

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by nk15
In all similar AA promos in the past tickets purchased before the promotion but flown within the promotion period received the bonus miles. Based on that precedent, I am hopeful this will still be the case. However, in past similar BA promotions previously purchased tickets were excluded, but AA tends to be more inclusive about this.

Based on past promotions, every eligible TATL crossing immediately gets half the bonus, irrespective if it is rt or not, irrespective which side of the pond originates, and irrespective if it is part of a longer trip. I hope all these still apply.

Btw, this is an improved version of the past promos, because now BA/IB/etc marketed flights also count (it used to be only AA marketed flights counted).

This is great for me, as I have three super discounted J tickets within the time period, so I am getting all 50k miles. So cool!! Too bad there is a cap of two trips! Last year I would have gotten 115k bonus miles!

Agreed that the two cap is a bummer, I will just credit any other J flights to ba over the two ba has run their own version of this promo each year so one can spread out the joy 😃
Old May 10, 2016, 5:45 pm

Not 125k RDM?

Cool way to encourage business fares to purchase. The only thing is I am surprised they are not pushing for 125k just like they did a year ago for up to five round trips.

Kudos to AA, still.^
Old May 10, 2016, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by kauppias
Agreed that the two cap is a bummer, I will just credit any other J flights to ba over the two ba has run their own version of this promo each year so one can spread out the joy 😃
Yes, if BA runs an equivalent promo I will also credit any surplus trips to them, however, as I said, BA historically has not given the bonus miles for trips booked before the promo was announced, so that could be a problem.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes, these are in addition to other Award Miles including bonus miles you will earn. It's nice!

Of course the other shoe drops in October (it now appears). Maybe we will see other bonus offers later this year? :fingers crossed:
Why October, do we have any new info? Nevermind, just saw the thread.

I believe this promo also indirectly supports the idea that the new revenue based RDM system won't go into effect at least until end of July. I am not 100% sure, but that's what it means I think.

Last edited by nk15; May 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Old May 10, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yes, if BA runs an equivalent promo I will also credit any surplus trips to them, however, as I said, BA historically has not given the bonus miles for trips booked before the promo was announced, so that could be a problem.
In retrospect I am glad I ONLY. Bought TWO TATL J/F trips during this period

I will be EXP for the last time in july so I will wait and see if ba does offer the same deal as AA again if so I may jump on that bandwagon as theres no futher bonus at AA and no reason to over credit EQMs either... But it is a HUGE drop from last years promotion for sure!
Old May 10, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
So assuming that it will be valid for previously purchased tickets.

Looks like an outbound in July and inbound in August will still earn 12500 miles? Right?
Old May 10, 2016, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
So assuming that it will be valid for previously purchased tickets.

Looks like an outbound in July and inbound in August will still earn 12500 miles? Right?
You should get 12,500 for the outbound and 0 bonus for the August inbound.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
In retrospect I am glad I ONLY. Bought TWO TATL J/F trips during this period

I will be EXP for the last time in july so I will wait and see if ba does offer the same deal as AA again if so I may jump on that bandwagon as theres no futher bonus at AA and no reason to over credit EQMs either... But it is a HUGE drop from last years promotion for sure!
The only reason to overcredit eqms to AA is the extra SWUs, depending how close you are.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:54 pm

The only reason to overcredit eqms to AA is the extra SWUs, depending how close you are.
July 15 I will be at 100,501EQM so no need to over credit 😇

The new program wont work for me 98% certainly thus this is my last go at it, it was great while it lasted but 2017 I will work at thinning my stash and using my SWUs
Old May 10, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this bonus could be our last hurrah rdm extravaganza, enjoy it while you can...
Old May 10, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think this bonus could be our last hurrah rdm extravaganza, enjoy it while you can...
Why?
Old May 10, 2016, 7:36 pm

BTW if you have any spare Avios kicking around that can't be used as readily for short haul awards, they're worth up to $450 off your ticket if booked on BA.com.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjw242
Why?
Somehow I connect the bonus miles with the old rdm system, but I could be wrong, I guess you can still have the new rdm system and bonus miles. But even if it is true, it just won't look as impressive as before.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
BTW if you have any spare Avios kicking around that can't be used as readily for short haul awards, they're worth up to $450 off your ticket if booked on BA.com.
30k avios for $450 is it a good deal? I am saving mine in hopes of the return of that miraculous conversion to $767.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:44 pm

30k avios for $450 is it a good deal? I am saving mine in hopes of the return of that miraculous conversion to $767.
If you don't already have it do the AARP discount. $400 off business/first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.