Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
Seat map:

Seat features:
Each seat is equipped with 2 USB sockets and 1 universal power socket
Static 15.4" HD display
IFE content powered by Panasonic eX2 system
Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided (retrieved by crew about 60 mins before landing)

Seating notes:
Seats 5A and 6L are in view of galley occupants
Seats 10A, 10D, 10H, and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets
Seats 6L, 7A, and 7L have restricted views (window blank)

Related threads:
Best business seats: 777-200 Concept D layout
Boeing 777-200 aircraft guide
Three class 777-200 sold as domestic two class
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 1)
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 2)
Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Bump... any idea which row is missing a window in the forward J cabin?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Bump... any idea which row is missing a window in the forward J cabin?

-FlyerBeek
None of them, IIRC. 90% sure on that.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
#123 DFW-HNL was Super Diamond all forward 37 J this past Sunday. We were in 1DH. Good seat and IFE. Good for a couple to cross talk. Very private as you have solid wall on each side as your view. You can't see 1A or 1L or begin to get a peek of a window. We felt a bit claustrophobic and switched to windows on for the flight back. Forward lav traffic and galley noise was a reality but didn't really bother us.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Any comments on 2L? I hated 2L on the 789 because of the too bright galley light and am hoping it is not the same situation on the 777v3
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Any comments on 2L? I hated 2L on the 789 because of the too bright galley light and am hoping it is not the same situation on the 777v3
Well if it's 2L on the Zodiac 772, then you're very protected because it's rear-facing and quite dark since your head is away from the aisle.

2L on the Super Diamond 772 is a good seat, though. I had no issues with the light / noise from the galley.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by econometrics
Well if it's 2L on the Zodiac 772, then you're very protected because it's rear-facing and quite dark since your head is away from the aisle.

2L on the Super Diamond 772 is a good seat, though. I had no issues with the light / noise from the galley.
Thx! It's a Super Diamond one (at least as of now).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:41 pm

Going to Germany next week on AA from DFW to FRA and it lists the plane as a 772. It has 21 seats in biz front and 16 in biz rear. We have 1D and 1H. Traveling with a 16 month lap child. How will this be? We also may use miles and get her a seat because the 10% child fee is insane. If we did this what would be the recommended seat arrangements? I would maybe keep 1D and 1H with her and let my husband go take another seat that is available. 1A is gone. So if we changed what would be a good 3 across? Is Row 7 any good on this config? Thanks in advance. Sort of nervous about our flight.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Deanne Wagner
Going to Germany next week on AA from DFW to FRA and it lists the plane as a 772. It has 21 seats in biz front and 16 in biz rear. We have 1D and 1H. Traveling with a 16 month lap child. How will this be? We also may use miles and get her a seat because the 10% child fee is insane. If we did this what would be the recommended seat arrangements? I would maybe keep 1D and 1H with her and let my husband go take another seat that is available. 1A is gone. So if we changed what would be a good 3 across? Is Row 7 any good on this config? Thanks in advance. Sort of nervous about our flight.
Nothing at all to be nervous about. You'll have a good flight! I've done DFW-FRA/LHR/MAD numerous times in business with an infant/lap child.

You're not going to know if you have the Super Diamond 37J configuration or the Zodiac (forward/rear) 37J configuration until the day of the flight, most likely.

I would choose row 5 if I were you. One on the window, one on the aisle.

The space on the floor on both of these configurations is very good to be able to lay your child down for them to sleep. We've done it a couple of times.

The Zodiac and Super Diamond variants have space under the ottomans on the window forward-facing sides, so you can stretch your child under there a little which gives you some room to put your seat back to rest.

Personally, I wouldn't blow the (likely) high amount of AAdvantage miles needed to book a seat just for your child. It's only about an 8.5hr flight this time of year, and you'll be comfortable with just the 2 seats IMO. ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:09 pm

[QUOTE=econometrics;28606304]Nothing at all to be nervous about. You'll have a good flight! I've done DFW-FRA/LHR/MAD numerous times in business with an infant/lap child.

Thank you so much for all that info!! I'll have to look into row 5. I thought it might be too noisy there since it's at the break between the front and rear biz sections. So Row 1 wont' necessarily be rear facing then?

** Just checked and row 5 is available (all 4 across). Would it be worth switching from 1D, 1H? Do you know what 1D/H are like? I assume if I switched it would be better to be on the left side since the right window is in front of seat 6? Still wonder about noise from the lav and galley between sections? But I like your thought of the extra space for the little one. What about adjoining heads in row 5? I figured row 1 was separate from what I read in D&H.

Last edited by Deanne Wagner; Jul 25, 2017 at 1:20 pm
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Thank you so much for all that info!! I'll have to look into row 5. I thought it might be too noisy there since it's at the break between the front and rear biz sections. So Row 1 wont' necessarily be rear facing then?
I personally like row 5 more. It's far enough away from the 2L galley, further away than row 1 is from the 1L galley.

Plus, if you get a Zodiac 772 (fwd/rear), 5H/L face one another, which is nice when flying together. And it's easier to pass the kid back and forth, ha!

Here's some examples from the 772 5H/L Zodiac:

I know this is a Super Diamond thread, but I think it's always good to prepare for a Zodiac configuration. The odds are that you will get a Super Diamond config that is all forward facing, but if you choose the right Zodiac seats, you'll be fine if it ends up being a Super Diamond with those same seats. ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:17 pm

Thanks again!! The pictures are great! So 5L is gone now. Weird. Would 5A, 5D allow the easy pass? Lol. If I move to 5A/D and it's Zodiac do we share head connections/seats so that we move each other? I read something about that. The baby may move a lot and I hate to disturb people which 1D/H would be unattached in Zodiac?

So nice to see the toddler standing up and having some room to move around in there!! This makes me much more at ease just seeing your pics. Can't thank you enough for that. I'm all anxious today. Eek.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:26 pm

Thanks again!! The pictures are great! So 5L is gone now. Weird. Would 5A, 5D allow the easy pass? Lol. If I move to 5A/D and it's Zodiac do we share head connections/seats so that we move each other? I read something about that. The baby may move a lot and I hate to disturb people which 1D/H would be unattached in Zodiac?

So nice to see the toddler standing up and having some room to move around in there!! This makes me much more at ease just seeing your pics. Can't thank you enough for that. I'm all anxious today. Eek.
1D/H might be the best bet for you if you need middle seats. Your heads will be together if it's a Zodiac configuration, and if its a Super Diamond, the pass-off of the little one is pretty easy with just the middle barrier between your legs.

And 1D/H do not suffer from the connected seat issues, as you mentioned.

Glad the pics help! Flying with a toddler is definitely anxiety-inducing, ha!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
1D/H might be the best bet for you if you need middle seats. Your heads will be together if it's a Zodiac configuration, and if its a Super Diamond, the pass-off of the little one is pretty easy with just the middle barrier between your legs.

And 1D/H do not suffer from the connected seat issues, as you mentioned.

Glad the pics help! Flying with a toddler is definitely anxiety-inducing, ha!

Thanks. Maybe I'll just keep them then since the 5L is gone and there goes the pass off. Plus on the Zodiac the middle D/H look like their heads are all connected. I window might have been neat though. If it's Super Diamond is the bulkhead bad in row 1? My husband frowned when he saw bulkhead but I told him we were reversed...but maybe not if it's a Super Diamond?

Treats...lots of treats for the little one!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:43 pm

Thanks. Maybe I'll just keep them then since the 5L is gone and there goes the pass off. Plus on the Zodiac the middle D/H look like their heads are all connected. I window might have been neat though. If it's Super Diamond is the bulkhead bad in row 1? My husband frowned when he saw bulkhead but I told him we were reversed...but maybe not if it's a Super Diamond?

Treats...lots of treats for the little one!
So true. Lots of snacks keep them happy!

Yes, row 1 is a bulkhead, but it's not much different than the rest on the Super Diamond. Here's a pic of row 1, you can see the bulkhead in the lower left corner.

The only negative of the rear-facing seats on the Zodiac, IMO, is that they don't have as much floor space area as the forward facing ones. I don't care when I'm flying alone, but with a child on the floor, it's slightly tighter than what you saw in my pic above with my wife and our son on the floor.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:31 pm

Thanks again. Is there any way to tell ahead of time which configuration you are getting? The flight info just says 772. DFW to FRA.

Do you still get the same storage bin and other space in row 1 with either configuration? Just wondering about that since traditionally in bulkhead you lose the underseat space in front of you. I guess with this cubicle things it doesn't matter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.