Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
Seat map:

Seat features:
Each seat is equipped with 2 USB sockets and 1 universal power socket
Static 15.4" HD display
IFE content powered by Panasonic eX2 system
Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided (retrieved by crew about 60 mins before landing)

Seating notes:
Seats 5A and 6L are in view of galley occupants
Seats 10A, 10D, 10H, and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets
Seats 6L, 7A, and 7L have restricted views (window blank)

Related threads:
Best business seats: 777-200 Concept D layout
Boeing 777-200 aircraft guide
Three class 777-200 sold as domestic two class
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 1)
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 2)
Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:48 am

Any reviews for 1H and 1L on the 37j with BEA seats? I have an upcoming flight and I am trying to hedge a little in case i get a plane with the Zodiac seats.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA60

Just boarded AA60 NRT-DFW and it's all forward facing in business so it's the new Super Diamond. Very nice seat with plenty of storage space. A nice surprise.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by nok123
Just boarded AA60 NRT-DFW and it's all forward facing in business so it's the new Super Diamond. Very nice seat with plenty of storage space. A nice surprise.
Nice. Looks like N783AN... the first 772 to get the SD seat. I'm sure you're enjoy the flight right now as I type this! ^
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Nice. Looks like N783AN... the first 772 to get the SD seat. I'm sure you're enjoy the flight right now as I type this! ^
Thanks! Clearly superior to the Zodiac seat ... I was in 7L, here's a pic
Attached Images  
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by nok123
Thanks! Clearly superior to the Zodiac seat ... I was in 7L, here's a pic
Nice, thanks! Looks almost the same as 3J on the 77W with the window placement.

Like 3J on the 77W, does the ottoman area have space for storage underneath since this is a bulkhead?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold

Like 3J on the 77W, does the ottoman area have space for storage underneath since this is a bulkhead?
Agreed. I wonder if what's behind that black jacket. On the 77W they had storage space behind a door -- they stashed the headphones and a water bottle there.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:35 am

Did DFW-ICN on one of these planes (N783AN, which I think was the first to get this config) in 10A, the last J seat on the left. Had a good flight and good window views, though the size of the table means that you have to lean a little to get a really good view. Part of the rearward view was obscured by the wing/engine, but that was fine for me. I will say that it is a little tricky to get in/out of the seat if it's very far out of the upright position.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:45 am

I thought I was going to be on a Zodiac flight but got the Super Diamond's instead.

There's quite a bit of space underneath the ottoman. I was able to store my 30L backpack under there without issue. Seats are comfortable. Lots of leg/foot room when in upright or semi-reclined. The leg/foot room when in flat mode is limited. There's enough to turn around to your side but it's a lot more confined then I expected it to be.

Lots of desk/work space with the tray folded out. Tray table only locks in two positions, at the very top and bottom. Didn't mind having the tray table always out -- it was a nice option to stow drinks when opening the side bins. The height of the table is a little high for laptop typing, imo. 7A only had 1 window but that was pretty much closed for the duration of the flight.

Bathrooms are pretty roomy.

Pretty nice option for Hawaii bound flights.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:11 pm

After flying the Super Diamond on the 789 and the 772, I have to say I think the 772 product is better. There is a bit more room to it. It's noticeable. And the wider 772 cabin makes the seat itself feel more private than on the 789.

My worthless pennies on the topic.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Had this seat on my LAX-NRT flight today, N766AN. Took a crapton of photos, you can see them at http://imgur.com/a/xYRLX.

Neil
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by missamo80
Had this seat on my LAX-NRT flight today, N766AN. Took a crapton of photos, you can see them at http://imgur.com/a/xYRLX.

Neil
I was on that same aircraft from NRT-DFW in 2L a few weeks back. Much improved seat over the Zodiac version!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
Greag pics! Thanks for sharing.

The the light controls on the seat touch screen control are for the suite lights. The overhead light control is on the AVOD controller. ^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:03 pm
HAF

I just had the super diamond on the GRU-LAX today AA216 - a week ago the LAX-GRU was the zodiac I was seated at 1L at both.... super diamond has a lot more space for storage - more padding and lumbar support and very comfortable at the lounge potition however at the sleep position it did not feel as comfortable - almost as if it was not flat- and not possible to sleep on the side. Also the bulky seatbelt is super uncomfortable. I think due to the giant screen and all the storage space and privacy it is better than the zodiac but only marginally

--haf
Old May 1, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
What are some of the best seats on the Super Diamond configuration? My flight for November just got changed from the Zodiac to the B/E Super Diamond. I am currently in 1D, should I just keep this seat in case it switches back to the Zodiac seating?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know which row in J is missing a window on the 772 CIP B/E Aerospace Super Diamond configuration?

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.