Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW Sunday Food Purchase Requirement for Liquor Gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN

According to one of the AC Bartenders this morning, you no longer have to purchase food to get an alcoholic beverage at DFW on Sunday. He said that a deal was made on the basis of the AC giving out enough complementary food that membership fees qualify for food purchases (similar to country clubs, as he said). So no more accumulating a bunch of bags of chips just to get drinks!

HOORAH.

Last edited by brewdog11; May 1, 2016 at 11:04 am Reason: Corrected error thanks to another FTer
Old May 1, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by brewdog11
giving out enough complementary doom
I agree that if they are giving out doom, you certainly need a drink with it.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by kochleffel
I agree that if they are giving out doom, you certainly need a drink with it.
I hear their gloom is excellent as well.
jhalapin likes this.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The real question: Is the doom complementary (as in, accompanying the liquor) or complimentary (as in, free)?
Old May 1, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

What y'all don't know is that I was on my 3rd top shelf Long Island (ain't drink chits great?). Lol that's a win!
Old May 1, 2016, 11:06 am
Original Poster

The doom is GREAT!!!!!
Old May 1, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by User Name
I hear their gloom is excellent as well.
Don't forget the despair and agony.

Old May 1, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
According to one of the AC Bartenders this morning, you no longer have to purchase food to get an alcoholic beverage at DFW on Sunday. He said that a deal was made on the basis of the AC giving out enough complementary food that membership fees qualify for food purchases (similar to country clubs, as he said). So no more accumulating a bunch of bags of chips just to get drinks!

HOORAH.
This must have been the case since at least 3/27. I recall having a couple of drinks and never being forced to purchase food.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Lifetime AA PLT,BMI Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, Marriott Platin SPG Gold
Seems odd to me that I have been using the AC for over 20 years and have never been asked to buy food on a Sunday @ DFW. And most of my flight's start on a Sunday.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3million
Seems odd to me that I have been using the AC for over 20 years and have never been asked to buy food on a Sunday @ DFW. And most of my flight's start on a Sunday.
^ I have been a member of the AC for over two years and have never been asked to purchase food in order to get a drink at a DFW club on Sunday either.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MCI777
^ I have been a member of the AC for over two years and have never been asked to purchase food in order to get a drink at a DFW club on Sunday either.
Sunday alcohol thing at DFW due to local county law only applies to alcohol purchase before 12 noon. If it was after 12 noon on Sunday then it has always been able to purchase drink only without purchase of any food.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:41 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Couldn't (in the worst case scenario) the AC sell (very) small bags of pretzels to go with your drinks @$0.25 each? Shouldn't this meet the drink rule conditions (though probably violating the "true" spirit of the law).
Old May 2, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by nrr
Couldn't (in the worst case scenario) the AC sell (very) small bags of pretzels to go with your drinks @$0.25 each? Shouldn't this meet the drink rule conditions (though probably violating the "true" spirit of the law).
Pretty much all bars at same county law in Texas have been doing exactly that. If asked for alcohol drinks before 12 noon then a bartender simply say if willing to pay for $1 small bag of chips or nuts then can serve alcohol.

Heard it used to be no alcohol sale before 12 noon on Sunday, period. But restaurants complained that they cannot serve alcohol for Sunday brunch, hence changed the law to need serve food along with alcohol before 12 noon on Sunday.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
We still have remnants of some of the old blue laws here in Bible Belt country. You can't purchase alcohol in a supermarket or warehouse store before noon on Sunday. I didn't know they had allowed it in restaurants - in the past they didn't, before noon.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
We still have remnants of some of the old blue laws here in Bible Belt country. You can't purchase alcohol in a supermarket or warehouse store before noon on Sunday. I didn't know they had allowed it in restaurants - in the past they didn't, before noon.
The ORD AC won't serve booze at all before 11 AM on Sundays, and that's hardly "bible belt" country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.