AA Flights Purchased on Alaska's Website

Old Apr 20, 16, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Wouldn't AA.com's price guarantee apply here? If AS is selling AA marketed and operated flights cheaper than AA.com, you could have it matched by AA and get a $50 voucher.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/contactAA/cu...-guarantee.jsp
Old Apr 20, 16, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ashill View Post
I updated my post based on your follow-up, presumably while you were typing this post.
Thanks for your help! I will probably just keep this flight since it's so cheap for visiting Seattle in their peak season. If they don't post, hopefully I won't need the 1900 EQMs in order to make EXP this year (nothing a quick MR can't fix).
Old Apr 20, 16, 9:37 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
Wouldn't AA.com's price guarantee apply here? If AS is selling AA marketed and operated flights cheaper than AA.com, you could have it matched by AA and get a $50 voucher.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/contactAA/cu...-guarantee.jsp
Only if the OP is really booked on the AA code, in which case (s)he would get full miles anyway. If the OP is booked on the AS code, it's not the same flight for purposes of the lowest price guarantee.

Originally Posted by dciolli View Post
Thanks for your help! I will probably just keep this flight since it's so cheap for visiting Seattle in their peak season. If they don't post, hopefully I won't need the 1900 EQMs in order to make EXP this year (nothing a quick MR can't fix).
Yup, I'd make the same choice in the same situation. It might be worth calling Alaska to see what the fare difference is if you upfare out of R into an AA-earning class; it might not be much. Then you'd get the full 200% RDMs and 50% EQMs.
Old Apr 20, 16, 10:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
FWIW, I was doing a dummy booking July 15-17, SEA-LAX and back, and saw $91 o/w fares booking into R on (what turns out to be) AS marketed AA operated flights.
Old Apr 20, 16, 8:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ashill View Post
And to be fair to AS, they are probably so clear about the operating carrier and obfuscate the marketing carrier because in the AS frequent flyer program, it's metal (not marketing carrier) that matters for earning, for the most part. (There are exceptions that are irrelevant here.) AAdvantage is the opposite.
I do wish every airline made the operating carrier as clear as Alaska does just for the sake of eliminating passenger confusion on the day of departure.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: