Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's atrocious mobile app

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I had a delayed flight out of MIA the other day and missed my connection by 20 minutes. Before we had landed, the app showed I had been rebooked on a later flight (MCO-PHL instead of MCO-CLT / CLT-PHL) do must have updated during the flight.
Very handy not having to try and get rebooked on the ground (would have claimed original routing credit anyway so wasn't bothered about the flight I was now on. As a bonus, the MCO-PHL flight was oversold so volunteered to go on the next flight and got $500 for it)
It's good, but keep in mind the App isn't rebooking you, or giving you the option to rebook (which UA's does); AA's computer did that and your app simply shows what was done for you. Sometime it makes sense (looks like in your case), sometimes it doesn't (my last time it booked me on the next flight out in 24hrs). Friendly reminder to you and anyone else reading this in a scenario like that, you can always call up and request better routing/times, just know what you want.

Also, MR? MIA-MCO-CLT-PHL?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Me too! I now take a picture of my screen and board using the picture rather than the app.

Also, despite some of the naysayers, the brightness does impact the 'scan-ability' of the BP. I must manually turn my iPhone to full brightness for it to work- whether using the picture or the app.
If you use apple wallet to store the boarding pass it turns the brightness up for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.