Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

When do award seats open on JFK-SFO A321T?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do award seats open on JFK-SFO A321T?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djibouti
I'm actually not seeing much even 331 days out. No Z or U, with only 1 T seat occasionally. Looking at Feb 2017, both directions.
There's plenty of Z and U on Fridays and Saturdays in the fall/early winter.

There's nothing magic about 331 days on AA, not usually even a good place to start looking.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dkc192
I'd been monitoring the JFK-SFO flights for C space over the past few weeks, given that I just took one this past weekend and was hoping to upgrade. The trend appears to be to release (J-1) seats into *both* U and C buckets two days prior to departure (not T-48, but two calendar days before), i.e. if a flight is showing J5, RM will release four U and C seats.
Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to know what time on 2 calendar days prior that this happens?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:19 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by hiima
I'm guessing OP is changing routing yo include jfk not the origin. But in I'm not OP.
As the A321T is a 3 Class Service, First Class has always been treated as Premium First [Purple on the website], so a change from Standard First [Dark Blue on the site] ex PHL to Premium First via JFK would trigger the new Higher points requirement.

For some reason AA seems to follow the Cathay System on the A321T and only open up Premium Seat Awards 3 Days prior to date of travel. However I did manage one seat in Premium First many months ahead but that was on the last flight of the night from JFK to LAX.

As always YMMV
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to know what time on 2 calendar days prior that this happens?
I got an EF alert at around 6am EDT.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UncleDude
As the A321T is a 3 Class Service, First Class has always been treated as Premium First [Purple on the website], so a change from Standard First [Dark Blue on the site] ex PHL to Premium First via JFK would trigger the new Higher points requirement.

For some reason AA seems to follow the Cathay System on the A321T and only open up Premium Seat Awards 3 Days prior to date of travel. However I did manage one seat in Premium First many months ahead but that was on the last flight of the night from JFK to LAX.

As always YMMV
This is part of an award that goes all the way to BKK on JAL F. Wouldn't that mean that no higher points requirement would trigger?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by VLtone
This is part of an award that goes all the way to BKK on JAL F. Wouldn't that mean that no higher points requirement would trigger?
See post #14 above.
If your origin for this award is PHL, changing it to JFK will trigger re-issue.
If you change it to PHL-JFK-SFO, it may not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.