Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dublin / DUB DAA Executive Lounge (AA Contract Lounge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dublin International Airport AA Contract Lounge
Dublin Airport Authority Executive Lounge

NOTE: The newly opened (18 Jul 2016) "51st & Green" post-US CBP third party lounge is discussed here.

See AA DUB / Dublin pre-clearance, procedures, baggage, duty free, etc. FT-AA thread

Link to DAA Dublin International Airport website

Link to oneworld lounges tool

Link) to aa.com DUB lounge page

Executive Lounge (operated by the Dublin Airport Authority)

Location: past Ireland airport security, take escalator or lift down to Level 1 and follow signs to Executive Lounge (but note, prior to USCBP and TSA security)

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Computers and printing
  • Food and beverages
  • Television, newspapers, magazines
  • (no showers)
Access:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on AA (or AY, BA, IB, S7) marketed and operated flight and one of the following:

• First Class ticket (one guest permitted) or Business Class ticket (no guests) on same flight

• oneworld Emerald or Sapphire card (one guest regardless of cabin)

• Admirals Club membership (two guests or immediate family regardless of cabin)
According to the oneworld lounge access page, this lounge is the designated lounge for eligible passengers flying AA, AY, BA, IB, S7.

The Aer Lingus / EI lounge is not available at this time to AA flyers or Admirals Club members; that may change if and when Aer Lingus rejoins oneworld.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

DUB / Dublin International Airport Dublin Airport Authority Executive Lounge

NOTE: The newly opened (18 Jul 2016) "51st & Green" post-US CBP third party lounge is discussed here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 20, 2016 at 10:17 am Reason: Update
Old May 9, 2014, 9:01 am

Flying JFK to DUB in business.
Is there a arrivals lounge I can use to kill 3 hours before my Aer Lingus flight to MAN?
Thank you in advance.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by MVS18
Flying JFK to DUB in business.
Is there a arrivals lounge I can use to kill 3 hours before my Aer Lingus flight to MAN?
Thank you in advance.
If you're flying on AA/BA/US, there's the "DAA Airline Lounge" on the Upper Floors of T1 near the 300 Gates.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for all the advice.

I am on the AA#291 ( BA codeshare 1522) in J from DUB-JFK at 855am on Thursday 10th July so I will provide feedback on my experience ( first time using DUB for preclearance)

Can we use the EI Gold circle Club lounge as oneworld.com only has the Dublin Airport executive lounge listed?

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why would you expect the EI lounge be an option given that it is not a OW member?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why would you expect the EI lounge be an option given that it is not a OW member?
Hi,

Given the comment at post #3 by paulmcrgath above mine which mentioned the EI lounge? ( which given EI's position I did find a bit strange so wanted confirmation)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Given the comment at post #3 by paulmcrgath above mine which mentioned the EI lounge? ( which given EI's position I did find a bit strange so wanted confirmation)
Hmm, yes - I see what you refer to now . Would seem odd that that lounge would be available
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Guess I will find out on Thursday

I used the Airport lounge in T1 before in April before doing DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL and it was fine but if EI lounge is available I might give it a try for comparison purposes.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

From aa.com (link):

Executive Lounge (operated by the Dublin Airport Authority)

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on AA or US operated flight and one of the following:

• First Class ticket (one guest permitted) or Business Class ticket (no guests) on same flight

• oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card (one guest regardless of cabin)

• Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership (two guests or immediate family regardless of cabin)
According to the one world loungevaccess page, this lounge is the designated lounge for eligible passengerd flying AA, AY, BA, IB, S7, US.

The EI lounge is not available - though if IAG's plans work out, sometime in the future it would be.

As AA and US have coordinated lounge access and they both use USCBP pre-clearance at DUB, we'll move this to the "Combined Airline and Program forum now, leaving a permanent redirect in the legacy "pre-consolidation" AA forum./Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 4, 2015 at 7:27 am
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:24 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by JDiver
From aa.com (link):

According to the one world loungevaccess page, this lounge is the designated lounge for eligible passengerd flying AA, AY, BA, IB, S7, US.

The EI lounge is not available - though if IAG's plans work out, sometime in the future it would be.
I find it interesting they say "first class ticket (one guest permitted)...". Neither US nor AA operate any flights from DUB to the USA with an F cabin. On the other hand, it's nice that they allow general club members in, regardless which class of service they are flying.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
I find it interesting they say "first class ticket (one guest permitted)...". Neither US nor AA operate any flights from DUB to the USA with an F cabin. On the other hand, it's nice that they allow general club members in, regardless which class of service they are flying.
True, and has generally been so. This looks like this is the standard contractual agreement they seem to be putting into place with contract lounges elsewhere, where it appears they're trying to also put into place Admirals Club member access. For once, I have to give AA kudos for not penny-pinching and giving some added value to Club membership.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Now reading on the AA UK website that AA pax get access to Aer Lingus gold circle lounge. Is this the case on DUB-JFK? And is it before or after US CBP pre-clearance?

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Now reading on the AA UK website that AA pax get access to Aer Lingus gold circle lounge. Is this the case on DUB-JFK? And is it before or after US CBP pre-clearance?

Thanks!
Can you give the page where you're seeing this?

AA used to use the Aer Lingus lounge in DUB, but about 6 months ago, it changed to the DAA Executive Lounge next door.

Here's the order: Dublin airport security -> terminal and lounge -> down to US security -> US CBP pre-clearance -> gate area (with no lounges)
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by JY1024
Can you give the page where you're seeing this?

AA used to use the Aer Lingus lounge in DUB, but about 6 months ago, it changed to the DAA Executive Lounge next door.

Here's the order: Dublin airport security -> terminal and lounge -> down to US security -> US CBP pre-clearance -> gate area (with no lounges)
Certainly, it's: https://www.american-airlines.nl/intl/ie/travelInformation/dublinClubs.jsp

I saw the info and got confused. And it looks like it's the NL website, not the UK one. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update ( It is the DAA lounge)

Hi,

By way of update,

Fast track was quick and I was in the DAA lounge by about 625am. The sign outside the door includes American. The EI Gold circle lounge is just down the corridor but does not state american airlines so I did not go in.

The lounge agent said we should head to CBP at 1 hr 15mins prior to departure.

The DAA lounge is fine with continental breakfast food but has a Nespresso machine.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 27, 2016 at 1:18 pm Reason: Edited after split

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.