FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Awards Deals Made / Miles Spent etc. Prior to 22 Mar Devaluation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1754588-awards-deals-made-miles-spent-etc-prior-22-mar-devaluation.html)

greg0ire Mar 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Where Were You When The Great Deval of 2016 Occurred?

Tic toc tic toc...only minutes left for flights originating from the East Coast.
Where were you when the Great Deval of 2016 occurred? Were you scrambling in front of your computer to get that flight booked? Were you sleeping? Were you on FT watching other people freak out?

hiima Mar 21, 2016 9:54 pm

I've already parked my miles.

controller1 Mar 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by greg0ire (Post 26367578)
Tic toc tic toc...only minutes left for flights originating from the East Coast.
Where were you when the Great Deval of 2016 occurred? Were you scrambling in front of your computer to get that flight booked? Were you sleeping? Were you on FT watching other people freak out?

smh

Going to bed... Good night FT...

CDKing Mar 21, 2016 10:21 pm

waiting for my EY ticket to ........ Ticket. Then setting reminders to watch fro Apartments space to open up so i can switch times.

txflyer77 Mar 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Finished booking mine over the weekend. Redeemed about 237k miles pre-deval leaving me with a smidge over 4000.

* DEN-LAX-HKG-HAN, CX F — 67.5k
* DEN-PHL-BOS-NRT, JL C — 50k
* PVG-HKG-DXB, CX J — 30k
* AUH-JFK-MIA-DEN, EY F Apartment —.90k

Hoping to change DEN-PHL-BOS-NRT to DEN-LAX-NRT closer in but I can live with my current itinerary if I have to. Originally I had DEN-LAX-NRT on AA J with an overnight layover, changed to BOS-NRT so that the MSC would be JL, leaving me that option in the future.

Also hoping for a better connection home from JFK on the EY itinerary. DEN is definitely not the most convenient city for AA flyers. I'm *almost* tempted to ditch JFK-MIA-DEN and just buy a OW on B6 or DL to avoid that double connection.

paullgo Mar 21, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm sitting in the CX lounge at Bangkok, waiting to board a QR flight to Hanoi.
Have a ton of miles, so this was an easy use for business seats.

nrr Mar 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Except when they have EQM multipliers, I squeak through with just over 100K in December = I rarely get to use RDMs for flying. But, as an EXP, I get to use miles for HOTELS at 1/2 price--these (so far) have not been devalued.:)

mediator Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

2x c1-c5 f
1x c1-c5 j

frebay Mar 21, 2016 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 26367640)
waiting for my EY ticket to ........ Ticket. Then setting reminders to watch fro Apartments space to open up so i can switch times.

How did you manage to find EY availability?

startpacking Mar 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Pre devaluation awards, shout and brag thread

What was your last redemption or the award(s) you cherish the most pre devaluation (March 21, 2016)?

I have fond memories of a J OW award where I maximized 16 segments.

And, even fonder memories of CX F and J awards, JL J awards, BA F and J awards (before they started charging YQ).

What were your most memorable awards pre devaluation?

5DMarkIIguy Mar 21, 2016 11:07 pm

For myself
327.5k miles
1 JAL F roundtrip for some fall foliage trip to Japan.
1 JAL F to Bali over NYE
1 CX F back
1 JAL F to SE Asia next year

For parents
260k miles
1 JAL F to Japan one way.
1 CX F to SE Asia

Sister
1 CX F to SE Asia
1 JAL F back

burned a total of 722.5k. Still have a lot left thanks to 3 years of being EXP. And already requalified for Plat in 2017. Don't know if I should go for EXP or just credit to AS in the future.

tonykline1947 Mar 21, 2016 11:31 pm

earlier today I had:

11x F TPAC CX to/from SIN and BKK
1x F TPAC JL from BKK

cancelled 2 CX trips for other needs at 8:00pm PST.

total of 675,000 booked

bbmatt Mar 21, 2016 11:48 pm

how were you guys able to get so many, I only booked 2 flights and both in cathay Y with a F Leg to TPE in order to force the award into F in the hopes of a future change to the longhaul F. I've been looking for the past week w/ no sucess =( whatever, i've booked what i booked and will wish for more later!

WhoMovedMyPlane Mar 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Had multiple itineraries on hold for separate trips in C or F on CX / JAL to HKG, NRT, SYD, TPE. Called at 11:15 with an estimated hold time of 1 hour, so I didn't think I was going to make it in time...

Luckily I got a call back at 11:55 pm - awesome agent was able to send all trips to ticketing with 1 minute to spare! :D

heyheyha Mar 22, 2016 12:00 am

Booked last week after midnight ish EST

1x USA-Asia 2 CX F
2x Asia 2-USA CX F

Don't have the optimal scheduling, but the dates work for now...

Now to figure how to bridge the USA-Asia 2 leg for myself...maybe they'll let me stowaway in the cargo hold? :D