Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 757 LHR-PHL Gone by End of March?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:18 pm

It's scheduled to come back in January.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Djokison
It's scheduled to come back in January.
More than likely that's just a default schedule that will be updated sooner or later.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by WWads
DL still operates PHL-LHR. I've looked as far ahead as October. I can't speak to its performance, but maybe DL sees something we don't, since they're willing to tie up a valuable LHR slot.
DL has to fly this route (I think for three years?). And it is definitely losing money on it. And it knew it would lose money on it. After that tme requiremnet is fulfilled, look to see it axed and transfered to another U.S. station.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:34 am

FT is always so helpful. Was going crazy not finding this flight in reservation system and couldnt find any news annoucements about its cancellation in casual google search.

This was my fav flight for Y travel to South and ME Asia. With inexpensive night at LHR hotel through PL and catching morning onward flight, It actually saved losing day of productivity at destination to jet-lag and overall more comfortable travel than F at Y prices (plus 50 quids for hotel). When DL stops its flight, it would be bad for pax as it will allow BA to go back to pretty high fares.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by desi
FT is always so helpful. Was going crazy not finding this flight in reservation system and couldnt find any news annoucements about its cancellation in casual google search.

This was my fav flight for Y travel to South and ME Asia. With inexpensive night at LHR hotel through PL and catching morning onward flight, It actually saved losing day of productivity at destination to jet-lag and overall more comfortable travel than F at Y prices (plus 50 quids for hotel). When DL stops its flight, it would be bad for pax as it will allow BA to go back to pretty high fares.
I love dayflights to Europe and was sad to see the PHL-LHR AA flight go. Not only are day flights easier on my old body for connections to Asia but it also helps with jetlag on Europe flights (which I find more difficult than the 10-13 hours time difference with Asia).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.