Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX vs JL F and J class question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I've done both CX and JL F and J....for me its JL every time. Especially in J. I like the "suites" on JL even if it isn't 1-2-1.

JL F also was a clear winner for me NRT-JFK on the 777-300. I only flew CX F because I keep reading threads like these, so I wanted to try it. Afterwards I realized I should have used my miles on another JL award. So YMMV.
Totally agree with you on this. I read out few comments from here to my wife and asked for her comments. She said,"JAL they make you feel you are really flying First class and in CX you are just there on a bigger seat with more privacy than J."
I remember JAL FA's would walk in restroom after every use to get it ready for next guest. Another example would be - In JAL FA will spot ur almost empty glass and be ready for refill whereas in CX you have to ask for it. Nothing major but some small things from my perspective.
As far as temp in JAL F is concerned, I blame it on their pajamas. I was feeling hot and changed out of their pajamas to my regular clothes and was fine after that.

Can't wait to put my Alaska miles to use in few months. Cheers!!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anubond005
Totally agree with you on this. I read out few comments from here to my wife and asked for her comments. She said,"JAL they make you feel you are really flying First class and in CX you are just there on a bigger seat with more privacy than J."
I remember JAL FA's would walk in restroom after every use to get it ready for next guest. Another example would be - In JAL FA will spot ur almost empty glass and be ready for refill whereas in CX you have to ask for it. Nothing major but some small things from my perspective.
As far as temp in JAL F is concerned, I blame it on their pajamas. I was feeling hot and changed out of their pajamas to my regular clothes and was fine after that.
I haven't flown JL F in 15 or so years, but what I remember most about the service was that it was very formal, with a lot of bowing. To the point of being uncomfortable. Some of that may have been due to the limited English proficiency of the cabin crew.

In all my CX F experiences, I've rarely had an "issue" with a missing refill, and I've found the crews quite proactive. I also always see them cleaning the lavatories. And in contrast, the service style is much more relaxed, and even at times friendly. But still top quality. Maybe I've been lucky.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
Oh, I found CX first much better in terms of service. "Thoughtful" is how I would call it when it is great. JL feels just more reactive. Food used to be good on CX but I guess that has gone down.
If you are transiting through there is no comparison between HKG and NRT lounges (CX is worlds ahead).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
People have different body temperatures and preferences?

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...-temperature#1
Which is fine, but some people act as if they are in a sauna. Really?
I bet if they have a thermostat in both JAL F and CX F, the difference is nil.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
In all my CX F experiences, I've rarely had an "issue" with a missing refill, and I've found the crews quite proactive. I also always see them cleaning the lavatories. And in contrast, the service style is much more relaxed, and even at times friendly. But still top quality. Maybe I've been lucky.
I am not saying CX F is bad or not attentive. But JAL F service is very polished and friendly at the same time compared to relaxed n friendly service of CX. Relaxed is prob a great word to describe service of CX.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
If you are transiting through there is no comparison between HKG and NRT lounges (CX is worlds ahead).
Totally agree with you on airport lounges. But at the same time I hate HKG for being so huge with no shortcuts or train. Last time had to sprint from Pier @ G61 to G4 to catch my connection.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Which is fine, but some people act as if they are in a sauna. Really?
I bet if they have a thermostat in both JAL F and CX F, the difference is nil.
An uncomfortable sleep at the wrong room temperature is an uncomfortable sleep. I don't see why people's preferences are wrong, but I suppose it wouldn't be FT without arguments about these sorts of things...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.