Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA/AE [by ExpressJet] Back in DFW Terminal E (Mar 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Was browsing around this morning on flightaware after seeing the tstorm delays (stay safe Dallas people!) and saw what looked like most of Eagle's BTR-DFW flights going into DFW's terminal E. Double checked on AA's site and it looks like all of Eagle's CRJs started coming into terminal E (E34-38?) on March 4th. AA 2860, 2755, 2756, 2781, etc.

Questions: I thought AA/AE operations were gone from E after US left? Does Eagle need the gate space from the construction going on in B currently? I routinely am stuck on the CRJ so not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, terminal B is starting to grow on me a bit. Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Yes. AE flights operated by ExpressJet are now using terminal E.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Say it isn't so! BTR has been getting shafted by AA recently. Worst equipment, worst eagle partner (except for AA3119 that is operated by Envoy ), and now the worst DFW terminal.

Now even more of a reason to make the drive to MSY. And the BTR Metro Council wonders why over 60% of people would rather drive to New Orleans for a flight. This is a good reason in my books.

Hope to see more ERJs at BTR. Expressjet runs one a day along with Envoy. Also, hope to see BTR returning to Terminal B at DFW.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:04 am
Original Poster

But it's not even all ExpressJet flights, only the CRJs (take a look at AA 2841, ExpressJet ERJ 145 still using terminal B). Why did they only move certain flights to E? Easier to operate a certain type of aircraft from a given gate range (similar to what they did putting the MD80s in C/D only?).

Joe, the only time I take flights from here anymore is if it's on the ERJ 145. It's definitely worth the drive down to MSY to potentially be upgraded, have a much better flight experience, and now arrive at any of the pleasant terminals at DFW besides E.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Geauxtigers
But it's not even all ExpressJet flights, only the CRJs (take a look at AA 2841, ExpressJet ERJ 145 still using terminal B). Why did they only move certain flights to E? Easier to operate a certain type of aircraft from a given gate range (similar to what they did putting the MD80s in C/D only?).

Joe, the only time I take flights from here anymore is if it's on the ERJ 145. It's definitely worth the drive down to MSY to potentially be upgraded, have a much better flight experience, and now arrive at any of the pleasant terminals at DFW besides E.
I just hope the ERJ-145 eventually replaces the CRJ to BTR entirely, and of course throughout the entire fleet, but with the amount of CRJs pmUS had, it doesn't look as likely, especially feeding through CLT. I will say though that the CRJs based in CLT are generally in better shape than the DFW based ones.

Prior to this move to Terminal E, I would take the CRJs as needed from BTR-DFW, but now I will go out of my way to find an ERJ flight or head down to MSY. I would imagine that Terminal E will only be temporary, but time will tell. Terminal E can't be in the plans for long given DFW is the flagship hub of AA. With much poorer conditions, no Admirals Club, and a distance from all other AA resources, it just doesn't make sense for long, hopefully.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Eagle flights out of DFW Terminal E (to merge)

In the DFW A AC yesterday afternoon when I was looking at the board I noticed a couple of flights going out of Terminal E. When taxing out then I saw two AE a/c parked at the end of Terminal E. Has AA begun to use gate space at Terminal E for Eagle flights? That would suck in the sense of no AC nearby.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
A couple of months back, Eagle flights operated by ExpressJet began using E gates. I'm guessing those are the planes you saw.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ar-2016-a.html
Old May 19, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Only temporary until B terminal renovations are complete.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
These are the gates US has historically leased and I Assume still had leased but recently subleased to spirit. These were also the first E gates to receive the terminal refresh. By the way, terminal B is quite nice now after the upgrades. Nothing like the regional terminal it had become.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:42 am

So are flights still operating out of E terminal?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Originally Posted by scubamom
So are flights still operating out of E terminal?
No AA in E.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by minnz21
No AA in E.
There were AE flights at terminal E last month.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Gold
As of this morning, all ExpressJet CR2 flying for Eagle were operating out of E terminal. B terminal is all Envoy, Mesa, and ExpressJet other than the CR2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.