Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Need help on identifying aircraft used on US Airways route in 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond VIP

I'm looking for help from those of you well-versed in aircraft assigned to certain routes. Long story short, my wife and I are decorating our flat with photos of our travels along with models of the planes we took to get there.

Does anyone know what aircraft US Air flew from ELP-PHX and PHX-LAS in early 2014? They would've been on flights 2928 and 873, specifically.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
In early 2014, looks like flight 2928 was actually a US Airways Express flight operated by a SkyWest CRJ-200 (ouch), and 873 was operated by an A321. Obviously we'd need to know the date to determine the tail number, if that's what you're asking for.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by Microwave
In early 2014, looks like flight 2928 was actually a US Airways Express flight operated by a SkyWest CRJ-200 (ouch), and 873 was operated by an A321. Obviously we'd need to know the date to determine the tail number, if that's what you're asking for.
Thanks for the response. Both flights were on 7 Feb 14. Is there a site where I can backtrack this?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
2928 was on N906SW, while 873 was N540UW.

You can find this info for domestic flights on the BTS website here. The search is a bit kludgy, it doesn't have a lot of small carriers, and for regional flights you'll need to know who operated the flight, but in this case it had your flights.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
That's great- thanks for the link Microwave. I was able to fill in the blanks on a few registrations back to the '90s I didn't quite get!

Do you know of an equivalent site where one could find listings for flights operating to the US, from the US to international, or simply within other countries such as Canada, Europe etc.? The USDOT site seems to only provide registrations for flights departing and arriving within the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.