Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Alaska (AS) Flights not Showing up on AA.com? [required steps]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Booking Alaska Airlines / AS Flights on aa.com (as AS marketed)

The easiest way to book native AS on aa.com:

Go to the aa.com front page.

Searching with AA Advanced search from front Find flights display.

Change the following settings from default to:

How Do You Want to Search?
Show Results By: Schedule (NOT Price and Schedule)

Show flight results: 50
then

What is your Fare Preference?
No restrictions.
Choose a Carrier:
All carriers
I can see Alaska flights going deep into the display.
Print Wikipost

Alaska (AS) Flights not Showing up on AA.com? [required steps]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by rjw242
Fair enough (though in fairness to me the reason wasn't obvious, but maybe I'm slow ).

Try searching by schedule. I just did a quick search, SAN-HNL Nov. 21-28, and the AS nonstops came up.
Thank you! So:
Search by schedule and price - AS does not show. If you add the option to specify nonstops, it says no such flights.
Search by schedule, and the AS nonstops appear.
So, most probably some sort of AA bug, but I still wonder if there is some aspect of reduced visibility for AS at work here.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
Thank you! So:
Search by schedule and price - AS does not show. If you add the option to specify nonstops, it says no such flights.
Search by schedule, and the AS nonstops appear.
So, most probably some sort of AA bug, but I still wonder if there is some aspect of reduced visibility for AS at work here.
If I had to guess, it's no bug; it's a biased display that offers AA codeshares operated by AS at much higher prices.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
If I had to guess, it's no bug; it's a biased display that offers AA codeshares operated by AS at much higher prices.
Could be. On the other hand, Wexflyer points out an odd quirk: the nonstop AS flights indeed appear when you search by schedule with no restrictions, but no flights are available if you search by schedule and restrict the search to nonstop flights.

It's situations like this where I tend to fall back on Goethe:
[M]isunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Could be. On the other hand, Wexflyer points out an odd quirk: the nonstop AS flights indeed appear when you search by schedule with no restrictions, but no flights are available if you search by schedule and restrict the search to nonstop flights.

It's situations like this where I tend to fall back on Goethe:

[M]isunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice.

I did that. Perhaps it is a bug, and I'm just mistrusting of CRS since they started functioning with huge built-in biases when they were originally launched and still are programmed with biased displays. Now one more data point: I was not signed in when I searched. So, let's try it all...

Now: Searching with AA Advanced search from front Find flights display:

How Do You Want to Search?
Show Results By: Schedule (NOT Price and Schedule)

Show flight results: 50
then

What is your Fare Preference?
No restrictions.
Choose a Carrier:
All carriers
I can see Alaska flights going deep into the display.
Thanks! I can see you're a go Goethe kind of guy.

OP, is it just possible it has been a while and you omitted one of these steps? The display set requirements may have changed.

Airlines!

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 27, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by JDiver

OP, is it just possible it has been a while and you omitted one of these steps? The display set requirements may have changed.

Airlines!
I just double checked. I was logged in.
- Search by Schedule and price. No AS flights show - neither codeshare nor AS coded. Only AA, and AA codeshare on Hawaiian.
- Search by schedule. AS flights now show, both nonstop and connecting. No AA codeshares on AS show though.

Last edited by Wexflyer; Feb 28, 2016 at 12:16 am
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Was wondering this too! How to find and book the AA codeshare?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
I just double checked. I was logged in.
- Search by Schedule and price. No AS flights show - neither codeshare or AS coded. Only AA, and AA codeshare on Hawaiian.
- Search by schedule. AS flights now show, both nonstop and connecting. No AA codeshares on AS show though.
PITA, but at least we can compare and then select.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Last year I was flying BUR to PDX every week. The choice were several flights on US metal with a PDX connection, 3 AS directs on a regional, or a lot of AS with a SEA connect. I would get 3 pages of flights. After the 11/15 merger, all the AS disappeared except the 3 directs - only 1 page of flights were displayed.

So in my limited experience, they have cut back the AS code shares.

Edit:
I just did the search by Schedule only and the "missing" flights show up. However, with no price on the display it is a bit of a pain to find a flight since most people are cost conscious.

Last edited by TSparky; Feb 28, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
Why don't you call an AA agent, put what you want on hold, and then pay on aa.com?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:21 pm

Using AA Miles on Alaska

Trying to book ORD to SEA with AA Miles. Can I use my AA Miles to book Alaska? It wasn't showing up when I searched on AA.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, you can. Make sure you go to the Advanced Search page on AA.com and that "All Airlines" is selected in the menu at the bottom. If no Alaska flights show up, that likely means that no award seats are available on those flights.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Yea I discovered this as well.
Apparently if you search from the regular homepage it doesn't search "all airlines" and so AS flights don't show. You have to do advanced search.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Reviving an old thread.. I'm trying to search for SAN - JAC (which AS has nonstop), but why is the option not listed on aa.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.