Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA memorabilia, wear inc. DFW employee store, C. R. Smith Museum, etc. (master thd)

AA memorabilia, wear inc. DFW employee store, C. R. Smith Museum, etc. (master thd)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 8, 17, 8:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
AA Memorabilia Shopping and Collecting

Memorabilia can often be found online on eBay and other sites. Typical merchandise includes glassware, chinaware, blankets, amenity kits, paper such as stock and other certificates, employee jewelry, coffee mugs, etc.

Airport shops may offer recent items.

Search with Google for airline memorabilia for stores offering such.

Airways magazine advertisers offer airline tee shirts.

The Airline Shop sells detailed airline models.

The nexus for collectors is the annual Airliners International Show - this year at the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport Hotel June 14-17, 2017.

DFW Employee Store
Terminal C, by Gate C-2
DFW Airport
Tel. 972-456-3300
http://thedfwemployeestore.com
E-mail: info <at> airlineemployeeshop.com

Hours: Open to the public, open 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm including Holidays (except Christmas and New Years Day!)

AA apparel, including heritage logo wear and non-uniform ware; rollaboard baggage; logo and photo items from baggage and key tags to coasters, etc.

Other place to shop for AA memorabilia:

C. R. Smith Museum
4601 Texas Highway 360
Fort Worth, Texas 76155
Tel. 817-967-1560
Online store: http://store.crsmithmuseum.org/store/

Hours: The Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays. See site for exceptions (summer Sundays)

The C. R. Smith Museum store has exhausted its stocks of the Heritage Amenity Kits

Rev. 8 Feb 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 27, 16, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

If there is anyone who has time to pop into the store at Gate C2 in the next few days, please shoot me a PM.
Old Feb 27, 16, 12:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You do know you can shop online, right? They don't have everything on their online shopping site, but it's there. (For those who don't know it, located in Terminal C north end by Gate C-2.)

The C. R. Smith Museum store currently stocks the variety of Heritage Amenity Kits here.

DFW Employee Store entrance

upgrd.com/images/upload/image/Daniel/AA/.thumbs/img_0106-imp_2ef2be_640_0_0.jpg and gregnesbit.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/museum-at-night.jpg

and

C. R. Smith Museum store sample items

Link to oversize photo of C. R. Smith Museum store interior

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 27, 16 at 1:48 pm Reason: Move information to wikipost at top of page
Old Feb 27, 16, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I've seen the online store. I'm passing through DFW next weekend on the way to Dubai and I was hoping to pick up some new AA shirts in 4X.
I was hoping for an update on their stock levels in that size so I can leave packing space.
BTW my initials are AA which is kind of cool.
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt. If the flight attendants ask me what I do for American, I tell them I do cabin crew appraisals.
Old Feb 27, 16, 1:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Originally Posted by g1ant View Post
Yes, I've seen the online store. I'm passing through DFW next weekend on the way to Dubai and I was hoping to pick up some new AA shirts in 4X.
I was hoping for an update on their stock levels in that size so I can leave packing space.
BTW my initials are AA which is kind of cool.
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt. If the flight attendants ask me what I do for American, I tell them I do cabin crew appraisals.
ROFL!

But I'd recommend you call and ask about the items and sizes stocked. Those retirees are so helpful I'd bet they'd set them aside for you if you knew which items / logos you wanted (might show the current wear on their site - they've added a few items with the new aircraft, logo, etc.)
Old Feb 27, 16, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Does the employee store in DFW have the heritage amenity kits, or are they only available at the C R Smith Museum itself?
Old Feb 27, 16, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Does the employee store in DFW have the heritage amenity kits, or are they only available at the C R Smith Museum itself?
I was at the store ~two weeks ago; no amenity kits. Only at or via online C. R. Smith Museum store, AFAIK (see post #2 and the wikipost for links, etc.). (My guess is because the museum is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, so AA might have received a writeoff and the kit sale supports the museum.)
Old Feb 29, 16, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
I was at the store ~two weeks ago; no amenity kits. Only at or via online C. R. Smith Museum store, AFAIK (see post #2 and the wikipost for links, etc.). (My guess is because the museum is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, so AA might have received a writeoff and the kit sale supports the museum.)
Thanks for the info! With a 3 hour (I-D) layover I could go to the museum, just about, if I was very enthusiastic. Mail-ordering them to a friend in the US may be a better idea though. I have been round the museum already, so while it's interesting it's not new to me.
Old Mar 1, 16, 2:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by g1ant View Post
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt.
In my experience, all you really need is the AA lanyard.

I would probably think it was a little odd to see a non-employee wearing AA-branded items at the airport.
Old Mar 7, 16, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango View Post
In my experience, all you really need is the AA lanyard.

I would probably think it was a little odd to see a non-employee wearing AA-branded items at the airport.
I like it because the routinely have shirts in 4X and bigger. Hard to find those sizes off the peg these days even at WallyMart.
Old Oct 15, 16, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
AA and US Memorabilia master thread

Moderators, is there a place where we post old Memorabilia of bygone eras?

Due to Mrs. Nanaflyer's nagging, I was cleaning my office and found this relic. I had to share.

Please read the last paragraph. I hope the company still has this sentiment today!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 15, 16, 3:38 pm

And a blatant grammatical error in that last paragraph, to boot!

Originally Posted by nanaflyer View Post
"As one of our frequent customers USAIR is committed to providing you the dependable, high quality service you expect and deserve."
A participial phrase that introduces a sentence MUST refer to the grammatical subject of the sentence. Somehow Strunk and White have stayed with me all these years.

USAIR, thy participle is dangling.
Old Oct 15, 16, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
But the meaning is still clear, so one might argue your complaint to be rather pedantic. And this is from self-proclaimed grammar police.
Old Oct 16, 16, 7:39 am

Being pedantic is the entire point, and sometimes oh so much fun! When correct, it's the most satisfying form of high-brow snark.
Old Oct 16, 16, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Alfonso XIV View Post
And a blatant grammatical error in that last paragraph, to boot!

A participial phrase that introduces a sentence MUST refer to the grammatical subject of the sentence. Somehow Strunk and White have stayed with me all these years.

USAIR, thy participle is dangling.
The use of "has to" rather than "must" in a formal business letter isn't good usage either.
Old Oct 16, 16, 2:35 pm

Back to the actual topic, I've got an interesting bit of memorabilia. (Though I have some others, such as glasses and serving ware, my best and favorite was a personally signed letter from CEO C. R. Smith, was lost when I left home and went into military service for several years.) A commemorative bottle stopper in pewter and plastic sent to early Million Miler members:
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 16, 16 at 2:40 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: