FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA memorabilia, wear inc. DFW employee store, C. R. Smith Museum, etc. (master thd) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1749489-aa-memorabilia-wear-inc-dfw-employee-store-c-r-smith-museum-etc-master-thd.html)

g1ant Feb 27, 2016 12:42 pm

AA memorabilia, wear inc. DFW employee store, C. R. Smith Museum, etc. (master thd)

If there is anyone who has time to pop into the store at Gate C2 in the next few days, please shoot me a PM.

JDiver Feb 27, 2016 12:51 pm

You do know you can shop online, right? They don't have everything on their online shopping site, but it's there. (For those who don't know it, located in Terminal C north end by Gate C-2.)

The C. R. Smith Museum store currently stocks the variety of Heritage Amenity Kits here.

upgrd.com/images/upload/image/Daniel/AA/.thumbs/img_0106-imp_2ef2be_640_0_0.jpg and gregnesbit.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/museum-at-night.jpg

Link to oversize photo of C. R. Smith Museum store interior

g1ant Feb 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Yes, I've seen the online store. I'm passing through DFW next weekend on the way to Dubai and I was hoping to pick up some new AA shirts in 4X.
I was hoping for an update on their stock levels in that size so I can leave packing space.
BTW my initials are AA which is kind of cool.
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt. If the flight attendants ask me what I do for American, I tell them I do cabin crew appraisals.

JDiver Feb 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by g1ant (Post 26252878)
Yes, I've seen the online store. I'm passing through DFW next weekend on the way to Dubai and I was hoping to pick up some new AA shirts in 4X.
I was hoping for an update on their stock levels in that size so I can leave packing space.
BTW my initials are AA which is kind of cool.
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt. If the flight attendants ask me what I do for American, I tell them I do cabin crew appraisals.

ROFL! :D

But I'd recommend you call and ask about the items and sizes stocked. Those retirees are so helpful I'd bet they'd set them aside for you if you knew which items / logos you wanted (might show the current wear on their site - they've added a few items with the new aircraft, logo, etc.)

flatlander Feb 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Does the employee store in DFW have the heritage amenity kits, or are they only available at the C R Smith Museum itself?

JDiver Feb 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander (Post 26253001)
Does the employee store in DFW have the heritage amenity kits, or are they only available at the C R Smith Museum itself?

I was at the store ~two weeks ago; no amenity kits. Only at or via online C. R. Smith Museum store, AFAIK (see post #2 and the wikipost for links, etc.). (My guess is because the museum is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, so AA might have received a writeoff and the kit sale supports the museum.)

flatlander Feb 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26253019)
I was at the store ~two weeks ago; no amenity kits. Only at or via online C. R. Smith Museum store, AFAIK (see post #2 and the wikipost for links, etc.). (My guess is because the museum is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, so AA might have received a writeoff and the kit sale supports the museum.)

Thanks for the info! With a 3 hour (I-D) layover I could go to the museum, just about, if I was very enthusiastic. Mail-ordering them to a friend in the US may be a better idea though. I have been round the museum already, so while it's interesting it's not new to me.

ThreeJulietTango Mar 1, 2016 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by g1ant (Post 26252878)
And I have noticed that you get better service on some flights if you are wearing an AA shirt.

In my experience, all you really need is the AA lanyard.

I would probably think it was a little odd to see a non-employee wearing AA-branded items at the airport.

g1ant Mar 7, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango (Post 26268524)
In my experience, all you really need is the AA lanyard.

I would probably think it was a little odd to see a non-employee wearing AA-branded items at the airport.

I like it because the routinely have shirts in 4X and bigger. Hard to find those sizes off the peg these days even at WallyMart.

nanaflyer Oct 15, 2016 1:52 pm

AA and US Memorabilia master thread

1 Attachment(s)
Moderators, is there a place where we post old Memorabilia of bygone eras?

Due to Mrs. Nanaflyer's nagging, I was cleaning my office and found this relic. I had to share.

Please read the last paragraph. I hope the company still has this sentiment today!

Alfonso XIV Oct 15, 2016 3:38 pm

And a blatant grammatical error in that last paragraph, to boot!

Originally Posted by nanaflyer (Post 27350548)
"As one of our frequent customers USAIR is committed to providing you the dependable, high quality service you expect and deserve."

A participial phrase that introduces a sentence MUST refer to the grammatical subject of the sentence. Somehow Strunk and White have stayed with me all these years.

USAIR, thy participle is dangling.

akcae Oct 15, 2016 5:07 pm

But the meaning is still clear, so one might argue your complaint to be rather pedantic. And this is from self-proclaimed grammar police.

Alfonso XIV Oct 16, 2016 7:39 am

Being pedantic is the entire point, and sometimes oh so much fun! When correct, it's the most satisfying form of high-brow snark.

MSPeconomist Oct 16, 2016 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Alfonso XIV (Post 27350928)
And a blatant grammatical error in that last paragraph, to boot!

A participial phrase that introduces a sentence MUST refer to the grammatical subject of the sentence. Somehow Strunk and White have stayed with me all these years.

USAIR, thy participle is dangling.

The use of "has to" rather than "must" in a formal business letter isn't good usage either.

JDiver Oct 16, 2016 2:35 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Back to the actual topic, I've got an interesting bit of memorabilia. (Though I have some others, such as glasses and serving ware, my best and favorite was a personally signed letter from CEO C. R. Smith, was lost when I left home and went into military service for several years.) A commemorative bottle stopper in pewter and plastic sent to early Million Miler members: