Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX Terminal 4 - TBIT secure airside connector to be built

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX Terminal 4 - TBIT secure airside connector to be built

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by sukn
Last I was told, AA wants to open the T4-T5 connector tunnel but it is Delta that refuses to cooperate and has resisted the idea.
Insanity.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by N830MH
Why AA wants to change the terminals.
Where did you get the impression that AA wants to change terminals? They're hoping to get gates at TBIT in addition to T4.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by ashill
Where did you get the impression that AA wants to change terminals? They're hoping to get gates at TBIT in addition to T4.
Absent some drastic change in plans, AA is not hoping to get the gates. AA is getting preferential use of four gates at TBIT.

If I were to guess, AA will locate it's entire international (xYYZ) ops at LAX out of TBIT - LHR, NRT, SJD, PVG and whatever comes next (and more is undoubtedly on the way). Might even be a great way to save money by no longer having to staff T4 immigration, assuming Qantas also is able to move its entire operation to TBIT.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:54 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
It seems odd that Delta doesn't support a connection, don't the American Eagle flights they codeshare on operate out of T4? Logically wouldn't most of the people who need to make the connection be flying on Delta ticket stock and be loyal Delta customers?
DL Codeshares the Eagle flights which are only accessible by bus, which is already being offered from T5. From their perspective there is no need for the DL passenger to go to T4.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
DL Codeshares the Eagle flights which are only accessible by bus, which is already being offered from T5. From their perspective there is no need for the DL passenger to go to T4.
So, for example Delta passengers on flight AA 3066 (DL 7422) get to "T4 gate 44F" without going through the main part of T4?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:19 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Originally Posted by HNL
So, for example Delta passengers on flight AA 3066 (DL 7422) get to "T4 gate 44F" without going through the main part of T4?
All eagle flights depart from a remote building past terminal 8. Gate 44 a-z is just a shuttle bus from terminal 4 to the building. There is also a shuttle bus from T5 to the same remote building where passengers actually board the Eagle aircraft.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Do CR7s also operate from the remote terminal?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:57 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Do CR7s also operate from the remote terminal?
Yes. All Eagle flights operate from the Eagles Nest.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chongcao
I hope that would be two lounges. First and Business.

Surely OW need this lounge since LAX is an international hub for OW with majority of OW partners fly into and out LAX.
I think you mean TBIT is an international hub for OW, as oppose to "LAX"? *A and SkyTeam also have plenty of LAX operators. But only OW has concentration of carriers in one terminal (TBIT).

OW getting the big lounge makes sense because all OW airlines will be using TBIT (including AA). Whereas *A and SkyTeam are scattered between T2 and TBIT and UA and DL will continue in their own terminals.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:03 pm
Suspended

At one point - not sure if it has changed - the plan was to have the F lounge operated by QF and based on the amenities/style of SYD/MEL QF F lounges.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Xero
I wonder what destinations they could be, and I do hope these new flights will be well timed with the SFO-LAX flights.

I am hoping to see BKK, DEL, HKG, and TPE as destinations.

Also, I wonder how UA will respond. They matched AA for the Shanghai flight.
I am really hoping AA radically expands it's international destinations out of LAX. But will remain pessimistic until further notice. Please prove me wrong!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by bzcat
I think you mean TBIT is an international hub for OW, as oppose to "LAX"? *A and SkyTeam also have plenty of LAX operators. But only OW has concentration of carriers in one terminal (TBIT).

OW getting the big lounge makes sense because all OW airlines will be using TBIT (including AA). Whereas *A and SkyTeam are scattered between T2 and TBIT and UA and DL will continue in their own terminals.
Right. they have OW partners is JL, QF, RJ, BA, CX, LAN Chile and MH* at TBIT. Skyteam will be used at TBIT is DL, AM, KE, AZ, CZ, CI, MU, AF, SU, VN (If they come to LAX) and AR*, SV*, GA*, ME*, 9W*.

Star Alliance partners is AC, UA, TG, SQ, NH, NZ, CA, LH, OS, US, CO, SK, OS, MS, SA, TK, AV/TA*, CM*, AI*, JJ, LX, OZ.

*If necessary to join the Alliance.

All Star Alliance carrer will be at TBIT when the construction is completely. It will have a easier access. Go to elevator up to the fifth & sixth floor.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by N830MH
Right. they have OW partners is JL, QF, RJ, BA, CX, LAN Chile and MH* at TBIT.
I don't think RJ flies to LAX (wish they did though!). OTOH, AB (future OW member) is also at TBIT.
Old May 23, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
LAX Terminal 4 - Tom Bradley Intl Terminal Secure Connector? [Q2 2016?)

I just read this update: Getting around LAX: 1. A secure connection is now available between the Tom Bradley and Terminals 3 & 4 at each side of it.

Does that mean I do not need to leave the secure area and re-enter thru TSA once I arrive in LAX at Terminal 4 and need to leave on Cathay to HKG? I use to have to go outside the building altogether to switch terminals....hated, hated, hated that I had to clear TSA again.

so for those that have recently done this (assuming I'm reading this correctly), when walking from lets say Gate 41 Terminal 4 where is the secure connection on the cleared side of TSA?

Thanks
Old May 23, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.